Systems Engineering Intern (Spring 2024) [8-16 months]
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 23 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for top-tier Systems Engineering Intern!
- Technical Budget Management:
- Develop tools to improve the management of technical budgets (mass, power, pointing, and other relevant parameters) by collaborating with systems engineers
- Assist in tracking and analyzing technical budget variances.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical reports and presentations for project stakeholders.
- Interface Management:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and document system interfaces
- Assist in the development of processes for the maintenance and acceptance of interface control documents.
- Single Source of Truth:
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a centralized SSoT for engineering data
- Assist in organizing and cataloging technical project artifacts, ensuring easy access and version control.
- Support the implementation or evaluation of tools to enhance collaboration and information sharing among team members.
- Process Consolidation:
- Evaluate existing internal systems engineering processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with team members to streamline and consolidate processes for efficiency.
- Document updated processes and ensure team-wide adoption.
- 3+ years in an Engineering degree program.
- Relevant experience through past jobs/internships, projects, hobbies or university design teams.
- Familiarity with space environment concepts, and spacecraft fundamentals.
- Comfortable in a lab environment.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with little supervision.
- Experience in a University design team or building hardware/software for a personal project
- Python scripting experience
- C++ software development experience
- Knowledge of satellite design
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.