Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 23 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We are looking for a Satellite Operator who can contribute significantly to our growing team. This role involves working with a dedicated team of engineers to build, operate, and manage our satellite constellation. You will play a crucial role in developing and implementing satellite commissioning and standard operating procedures, ensuring the health and optimal performance of our satellites.
- Participate in rotating weekly on-call operations to monitor satellite health and operations by handling alerts.
- Perform nominal operations to maintain spacecraft health and service delivery.
- Address and resolve anomalies for rapid service restoration.
- Conduct trending and performance analysis of spacecraft platforms and payloads.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve operations and processes for enhanced efficiency.
- Support launch and commissioning preparations for new spacecraft.
- Prepare and execute LEOP and commissioning of future Kepler spacecraft.
- Test spacecraft functionality throughout the development process.
- Participate in spacecraft conceptual studies and design input, focusing on onboard autonomy and FDIR.
- Update and develop tools to automate satellite operation tasks, enhancing efficiency and reliability.
- Develop and validate operating procedures for all mission phases.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of LEO, sun-synchronous orbits, and their implications for satellite operations.
- Knowledge of spacecraft command and control systems.
- Working knowledge of Python and comfort in a Linux environment.
- Experience in spacecraft operation or testing, ideally with responsibility for platform subsystems or instruments.
- Aptitude for operating systems with multiple elements and constraints.
- Demonstrated strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic programming knowledge, with bonus points for skills in Python, or other scripting languages.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.