Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 23 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Quality Inspector to join our manufacturing team in the at Kepler. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that our incoming materials are of acceptable quality to build with, and that our outgoing products are of an acceptable quality to ship.
- Conduct thorough inspections of incoming materials, components, sub assemblies and finished products to ensure compliance with quality standards, drawings and specifications.
- Inspect products at various stages of the production process, including raw materials, sub-assemblies, and final products. Perform visual inspections, measurements, and functional tests toidentify any defects, non-conformities, or deviations from quality standards.
- Use a variety of inspection tools, equipment, and testing devices to conduct quality checks, such as calipers, gauges and hardness testers. Straightforward electronic testing using custom test fixtures & test scripts may also be required.
- Document inspection results accurately and maintain detailed records of findings, including photographs, test data, and written reports.
- Maintain a ‘Golden Sample’ area with documentation referencing the approved samples. -Collaborate with production teams to address quality concerns, provide feedback, suggest process improvements to prevent defects and optimize efficiency.
- Participate in root cause analysis investigations to identify the source of quality issues and contribute to corrective and preventive actions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality control procedures, inspection checklists, and work instructions to ensure consistent adherence to quality standards.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to quality control and materials inspection.
- A college or trade diploma or university degree in a related field is desired. High School diploma only may be appropriate if candidate can show 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience as a Materials & Quality Inspector or a similar role in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the aerospace industry, or similar high regulation low to mid volume industry. Automotive experience or RF experience will also be looked on favourably.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and materials used in aerospace / electronics. (CNC machining, surface finishing / plating of metals, PCBAs)
- Proficiency in using metrological inspection tools and test equipment, bonus if candidate has experience using electronic debugging equipment such as DMM or oscilloscope.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications and quality standards.
- Experience using QMS, MES or PLM softwares as part of day to day will be beneficial
- Have an understanding of quality audits, quality tools/techniques, and problem-solving tools such as PDCA, DMAIC, six-sigma, lean manufacturing
- Preference will be given to candidates who have acquired relevant certifications (ASQ-CQI, CQT, Six Sigma Green belt etc)
- Understanding of health and safety regulations within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with wire harnessing and crimping, particularly to aerospace standards would be a bonus.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.