Staff Product Designer, Workday
Staff Product Designer, Workday
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, electricians, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
This role will sit within our Workday team which is a critical part of Jobber. We call it the “middle of our workflow” — our customers will quote work, then schedule it, do the work, then bill it. The Workday team is responsible for the day-of work experience for fieldworkers, crew leads, customers and administrators ensuring fieldworkers can deliver a great day-of service experience and effortlessly meet the needs of their customers and team. As such, this team is central to our entire offering and you will be owning an important part of the core product.
You’ll report to a Senior Design Manager focused on challenging you, developing your skills, and helping you grow further in your career!
As an instrumental part of the larger Product Development team, our Product Designers work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to achieve goals for our business and our users. Product Design at Jobber is decentralized, meaning you’ll work in tandem with a set group of Engineers and Product Managers. This group is central to the success of Jobber — focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of people around the world!
What you’ll do at Jobber:
- Set a strategic design vision for your team and stakeholders through wireframes, flow diagrams, interface designs, and mockups.
- Define your problem space through continuous discovery and exploration, crafting a deep understanding of customer and business needs in your domain.
- Strive to understand your users through qualitative and quantitative research methods and influence the people around you with your findings.
- Communicate timely design insights, translating them into actionable recommendations that inform the product strategy in your domain.
- Ensure your team and other teams are delivering a consistent, thoughtful, and thorough user experience with all of the work they release.
- Mentor and provide feedback to other designers at Jobber as they strive for similar outcomes within their product areas.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an expert practitioner in their design craft, bringing relevant experience with web or mobile SaaS products, and is capable of delivering thoughtful polished experiences.
- Understands how design, product, and engineering can partner together to quickly ship high quality experiences at scale.
- Deeply understands the strategic direction and vision for their working area and ensures all UX efforts are aligned with that direction.
- Brings next level communication and collaboration skills.
- Showcases mastery of the tools needed for their craft (we use Figma, Miro, pencil and paper and a few others) and knows which tool to use and when.
- Can lead research studies and has the curiosity to dig into customer pain points and come out the other end with beautiful solutions and engaging experiences.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!