Intermediate Software Engineer, Customer Ops
Does your definition of success mean empowering others?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We're looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer to be part of our Tier 3 Customer Success team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, electricians, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
We help our employees grow professionally; we have a ton of onboarding resources, tutorials, hackathons and buddies to support learnings and provide opportunities to innovate. We have a range of experience levels on teams which allow for mentor/mentee opportunities. Leaders at Jobber work with empathy and support employees to build a healthy work-life harmony. Bring your dedication and passion to this job to fulfill your goals.
If our company values were a department, they would be the Customer Success team; they are humble, supportive, and truly give a sh*t about making sure our customers are successful in Jobber. This group cares about authentic interactions and motivating each other to be our true selves.
Our tiered support team supports both our customers and our internal support representatives to ensure the quality of escalations remains exceptional. You will be working with a team of technical experts and software engineers to troubleshoot and triage issues, perform production data fixes for customer accounts, complete engineering tasks that solve problems or fill gaps left in internal tooling.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support & Engineering, the Customer Ops Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of escalations remains exceptional, performing production data fixes for customer accounts, and completing engineering tasks that solve problems or fill gaps left in internal tooling. You will demonstrate an ability to effectively prioritize and complete a multitude of tasks, exceptional technical troubleshooting and mentorship skills, and understand how Jobber (the product) works as a whole, both from a user’s and an engineer’s perspective.
As a Customer Support, Software Engineer, you will:
- Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can triage and resolve bugs and improve features in Jobber’s online and mobile apps.
- Support the Customer Success team in their day-to-day dealings with customers.
- Break down and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advise on, estimate, and deliver development projects for the Customer Success team.
- Mentor and coach the Customer Ops Representatives on technical troubleshooting and bug reproduction.
- Close gaps between the Customer Success and Product Development organizations by advocating on behalf of Customer Support Reps and our customers.
- Assist the Customer Support team with front-line support in case of reduced capacity, incidents resulting in a large increase in support volume, etc.
- Work on internal projects involving internal automation (Slack, PagerDuty, StatusPage, Zapier, Zendesk, Jira, etc.).
- Ensure ongoing communication between product and customer-facing teams in the event of an outage or significant issue.
- Help define and maintain processes that overlap with multiple teams (Product, Engineering, Customer Ops, Customer Success, etc.).
To be successful, you should have:
- Proven experience of tiered technical support in SAAS environment
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in a production environment.
- Experience supporting API integrations
- Ability to break down and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Brings enthusiasm for delighting internal and external customers. You’ll be working in full stack to accomplish this (both the frontend and backend).
- Proficient in writing code in a few different languages.
- Has an inquisitive mindset and the ability to ask a lot of questions. You seek out new information and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Is a proactive communicator and collaborator (working with stakeholders company-wide is important for this role!).
It would be great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience using TypeScript and React in a production environment.
- Experience supporting financial API integrations (ie. Stripe, QuickBooks, PayPal, Square, etc.).
- Experience with GraphQL / RESTful API development
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!