Senior Site Reliability Engineer
At Jobber, we don’t just build a product - we work on real problems that help people in small businesses to become successful. We are inspired by our company values: be humble, be supportive and give a shit, which is not just said but is lived. We work in a collaborative environment where teams make decisions with autonomy and contribute directly to shaping the company’s future. We release early and often while dedicating time to addressing technical debt. We believe in getting instant feedback from our customers and leveraging that to make their lives easier.
We help employees grow professionally; we have a ton of onboarding resources, tutorials, hackathons and buddies to support learnings and provide opportunities to innovate. We have a range of experience levels on teams which allows for mentor/mentee opportunities. Leaders at Jobber work with empathy and support employees to build healthy work-life harmony. Bring your dedication and passion to this job to fulfill your goals.
Our Software Engineering team is pivotal to Jobber's success, creating software that adds value to tens of thousands of users worldwide. We believe in perpetual growth and learning, providing continuous 1:1 support, feedback from managers and our Talent Development team, and nurturing your innate curiosity.
As a part of our cloud infrastructure team, you'll play a critical role in empowering our product development teams, ensuring the safe release of software, and maintaining top-tier application performance and stability.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the Senior Site Reliability Engineer will collaborate with the cloud infrastructure team to build and maintain a cutting-edge product that supports the success of our customers and their small businesses. Your mission will involve tackling challenges faced by millions of entrepreneurs and crafting solutions to uphold the availability and responsiveness of our infrastructure.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will:
- Collaborate on the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of our AWS infrastructure, leveraging Infrastructure-as-Code principles.
- Developing and maintaining local tooling for development and observability tools, including deployment tools and interfaces into AWS, CircleCI, and other infrastructure components.
- Active participation in our on-call rotation, actively contributing to the enhancement of the on-call experience for the team.
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated expertise in providing systems support within a cloud environment, preferably AWS and it’s various services.
- Experience with IaC using Terraform
- Experience optimizing and improving continuous deployments performance
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and incident management
- Relevant experience in programming languages such as Ruby, Python, or Bash, preferably focusing on tools that accelerate other developers.
- A deep passion for learning, reliability, automation, orchestration, and continuous improvement.
- A strong commitment to problem-solving and a keen interest in technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams even in challenging high-pressure situations.
- Experience supporting Ruby on Rails, GQL, React appplications in a production environment
- Experience with security, scalability and observability.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!