Intermediate Software Engineer, Work Setup
Are you an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer with a passion for finding creative solutions to real-world problems?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Intermediate Software Developer to be part of our Software Engineering team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, electricians, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our Software Engineering team is central to the success of Jobber - focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world. As part of our Work Setup team, you'll be working on core parts of our product, making it easier for our customers to set up and coordinate their upcoming work. You'll help them get more done in less time, through UX and workflow improvements spanning our web and mobile frontends.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering, the Intermediate Software Developer will collaborate with other Product Development members on a scrum team to build an industry-leading product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
It’s important that you’re a champion of best practices for well-tested, scalable, and well-organized code. In addition, you customize and extend tools and processes to increase the effectiveness of your team, and mentor others to do the same.
What you’ll do at Jobber:
- Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can develop and improve features in Jobber's online and mobile apps.
- Be involved in the full life-cycle of a feature, from ideation to delivery and adoption.
- Participate in code review and testing, while driving engineering solutions to have consistent practices and reusable code.
- Facilitate group discussions with team members and stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems.
- Breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Brings frontend and/or full stack software engineering experience (we use React and Ruby on Rails on this team!).
- Delivers value early and often to customers. You'll be working in the full stack to accomplish this (both the frontend and backend).
- Brings experience with the entire software development lifecycle in the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is open to change.
- Has an inquisitive mindset and the ability to ask a lot of questions. You seek out new information and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Takes initiative and finds the resources necessary to accomplish a project or solve a problem.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!