Senior Community Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
85% of our customers at Jane come through referrals, and community, even before it became a formal program at Jane, has always been a huge part of maintaining our word-of-mouth growth.
To enable us to continue to grow and delight our community, we're on the lookout for a Senior Community Manager who can not only help fuel this organic growth but also create the go-to community destination for health and wellness professionals to support one another in opening, running, and growing their businesses…and also learning about Jane!
As Jane’s Senior Community Manager, you’ll work closely with Jane’s Director of Community, our Community Manager, and the rest of the Community Team to help build, grow, and nurture our thriving community of over 13,000 practitioners, clinic owners, staff members, and health and wellness professionals. We have big community goals for 2024, and this role is an integral part of helping us achieve them.
You’ll love this role if you’re a builder and problem solver who enjoys wearing many hats and is excited by the idea of joining a passionate team committed to creating a delightful, helpful, and unique community experience. You have deep empathy for Jane’s mission of helping the helpers and are excited to bring it to life within our community and across our community programs and initiatives.
Working in concert with the rest of the community team, you’ll also collaborate on projects across our other community pillars, including social media, education, content, and events, to bring the best and most cohesive community experience to our community members, regardless of where they connect with Jane. You’ll also collaborate cross-functionally with the wider Marketing Department to support aspects of our Ambassador Program, Tradeshow and Events Program, and Partnership Program as needed, as well as work closely with all teams at Jane to ensure community feedback and input is shared internally and community feedback loops are closed.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
Compensation Expectations for the Role
Jane’s committed to paying our team members fairly, clearly, and above all, paying for growth. This role has a minimum annual salary of $102,400 and a maximum annual salary of $160,000. As you may have noticed, this salary range is quite large, and this is intentional to account for the growth someone will experience in the role throughout their time at Jane (i.e., from building the skills, to accomplished, to highly proficient, all the way to achieving excellence in the role). When hiring talented folks to join the Jane team, we’ve found that new team members are best set up for success when hired with the expectation of being fully accomplished in the role, which for this role would reflect a salary between $121,600 to $128,000. It's also possible to join Jane at a salary above or below this, which would mean a salary below $121,600 typically reflects someone who has all the potential to be fully accomplished in the role but doesn't yet possess all the skills required, while a salary above $128,000 is typically for individuals who are currently in this role at Jane and had the opportunity to make a significant positive impact on our customers, product and company with deep Jane knowledge. At Jane, we pay for growth, which means that you’ll continue to have conversations about your career development with your manager and see your compensation grow over time as you build an amazing career with us.
The impact you could have…
- Community Strategy: Collaborate with the Community Director to execute a thorough community strategy that aligns with Jane's business goals. This involves establishing objectives, KPIs, and success metrics to assess the effectiveness of community initiatives.
- Programs: Create impactful and inclusive programs and experiences that foster customer loyalty, advocacy, and success
- Key Stakeholder Engagement: Cultivate connections with internal stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional partners to learn how Jane's community and its members can contribute to existing and emerging strategies across Jane.
- Community Engagement: Foster a sense of community and collaboration among community members and drive active participation and engagement within the Jane community through compelling content, events, discussions and other programs and initiatives
- Community Support: Collaborate with our Customer Support Team to oversee the development and implementation of effective community support programs and resources. Ensure timely and accurate responses to user inquiries, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Advocacy and Evangelism: Identify and nurture community champions and influencers to funnel into community programs as well as other Marketing programs (e.g. Ambassadors, content marketing etc.).
- Community Feedback: Act as a liaison between the community and product development teams, gathering user feedback, insights, and feature requests. Advocate for community-driven product improvements and enhancements.
- Community Growth: Develop strategies to attract all current and new users to the Jane community. Collaborate with marketing and customer support teams to drive customer acquisition and retention initiatives
- Metrics and Reporting: Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of community initiatives, including shared KPIs with all internal community partners. Provide regular reports and insights to senior leadership on community engagement, user satisfaction, and business outcomes.
The experience we feel we need…
- 5-8 years in Community Management, Relationship Management, or a similar role, preferably in a tech or healthcare environment.
- Leadership Skills: Experience leading and managing a team.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both virtually and in person.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven ability to develop and execute community strategies that align with company goals.
- Organizational Skills: Strong planning and project management skills, capable of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively with different teams, embracing Jane's culture of flexibility and autonomy.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.