Community Education Manager
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
We’re looking for a Community Education Manager to join the Marketing Department on our Community Team. Our Marketing Department also includes Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, and Marketing Communications, and this role will work closely and cross-collaboratively with the entire Marketing Department as well as our Customer Support, Customer Success and Product Teams.
Our primary goal for this position is to launch a brand-new education program at Jane. We already have some foundational pieces and courses that our community deeply appreciates, and your role will be to expand upon these and unite them with our webinar program, creating a comprehensive and valuable education hub for our community.
At Jane, we are driven by our mission to "Help the Helpers," and our Community Team plays a vital role in this endeavour. We focus on fostering relationships, creating moments of delight, and offering helpful resources, communities, content, and events across our channels and platforms.
The Community Education Manager will play a key role in enhancing and expanding our current webinar program while also developing and launching a comprehensive education program. This program will feature courses and resources that empower our customers to make the most of Jane and learn new skills to help them grow and expand their businesses. You'll also assist in integrating live training into our in-person events, both for our community and the Jane Team, where appropriate.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
Compensation Expectations for the Role
Jane’s committed to paying our team members fairly, clearly, and above all, paying for growth. This role has a minimum annual salary of $82,000 and a maximum annual salary of $128,000. As you may have noticed, this salary range is quite large, and this is intentional to account for the growth someone will experience in the role throughout their time at Jane (i.e., from building the skills, to accomplished, to highly proficient, all the way to achieving excellence in the role). When hiring talented folks to join the Jane team, we’ve found that new team members are best set up for success when hired with the expectation of being fully accomplished in the role, which for this role would reflect a salary between $97,300 to $102,400. It's also possible to join Jane at a salary above or below this, which would mean a salary below $97,300 typically reflects someone who has all the potential to be fully accomplished in the role but doesn't yet possess all the skills required, while a salary above $102,400 is typically for individuals who are currently in this role at Jane and had the opportunity to make a significant positive impact on our customers, product and company with deep Jane knowledge. At Jane, we pay for growth, which means that you’ll continue to have conversations about your career development with your manager and see your compensation grow over time as you build an amazing career with us.
More information on Jane's benefits package can be found here
The impact you'll have:
- Work under the Director of Community, and in collaboration with other team members, to develop and implement a comprehensive education strategy that encompasses webinars, courses, and resources that span a variety of topics including Jane-specific account training and overall business training (e.g. accounting, email marketing, social media).
- Work closely and collaboratively with the other Marketing Teams, as well as Support, Customer Success and Product Teams to develop and run webinars, courseware, and educational resources.
- Align strategy and planning with the company's objectives and target audience.
- Own the research, sourcing and implementation of an appropriate tool (LMS or community platform) for housing, hosting and promoting Jane’s webinars, courseware and educational resources .
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, both internally and externally, to create high-quality, helpful webinars, courseware and educational resources.
- Collaborate with our Editorial Team to ensure what we produce is in line with Jane’s brand standards, our Website Team for platform implementation as needed, and our Design Team on the visual aspects of our webinars, courseware and educational resources.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and competitor activities to identify new opportunities and ensure our webinars, courseware and educational resources remain innovative and relevant.
- Create performance reports and other forms of reporting to ensure alignment with the Director of Community as well as the other internal stakeholders and to identify what is working or not working.
- Develop a process to audit and update webinars, courseware and educational resources as needed when new features or updates happen in Jane or in the health and wellness industry as a whole.
- Curate and create new content in direct response to the most frequently asked questions in our communities, as well as trends and topics we see across our support channels and feature request portal.
The experience we feel we need:
- 6-8 years of experience in community/education course creation and/or webinar production with a proven track record of creating successful webinars, courseware, or educational resources for SaaS companies.
- Experience leading and managing a small team.
- Experience with course creation, video, and webinar production.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize big ideas and topics into accessible information, while maintaining the key points and fundamental ideas of each topic.
- Passion for enabling a culture of creativity, bias for action and for providing exceptional, helpful and delightful customer experiences.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Passion for allied health, entrepreneurship, and helping professionals succeed in their businesses.
- Excellent team member and mentor for early-career team members.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Passion for enabling a culture of creativity, testing early and often, with a bias toward action and learning and for providing exceptional customer experiences.
- Deep customer empathy.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Our hiring process starts witha 30-minute Zoom call with our recruiter, where they will discuss your background, motivations, and provide information about the role, Jane, compensation, and benefits.
- Next, there will be a 1-hour Interview with the Hiring Manager for a deep dive into your experience and past projects.
- Following the Hiring Manager interview, you will meet with the Community team.
- Following this, you will have a panel Interview with the wider Jane team to dive deeper into your cross-functional work experience, how you collaborate, and more.
- After you've successfully completed the interviews, for the final interview you will meet with the CMO for a 60 minute conversation.
- Our team will hold a debriefing session to discuss their feedback. To mitigate bias, feedback is not discussed among team members until this meeting.
- Throughout the process, your recruiter will provide regular check-ins, updates, and feedback. Assuming all goes well, we will then proceed to the offer and reference check stage. If we decide to keep in touch in the future, you'll be provided with detailed feedback as to why.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.