Product Marketing Manager (12-Months Contract)
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
We have two goals on the product marketing team at Jane: help us get to market and help us stay there! With that in mind, we have a lot of exciting work to do, so we’re on the lookout for a Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team!
This is a 12-month contract (maternity-leave cover) to start as one of wonderful team members grows their family, with the potential for this to be a longer-term opportunity into the future.
As our newest Product Marketing Manager you’re going to lead some majorly exciting milestone launches, help us capture the eyes and heart of a new kind of customer (patients!), drive adoption of revenue-driving features, and more. You’ll be working across multiple product portfolios, namely with our Platform and Patient Communications teams, and will be supporting a diverse set of business customer problems, from a telehealth platform to a mobile app.
As a growing marketing team that values a unique customer-led growth approach, we understand and advocate for the customer at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be part of defining product marketing at a rocket ship with the support of world-class teammates. We have a product our customers love—we just need some PMM magic to let the world know about it!
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team that can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are essential to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt the Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries.
Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack.
We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
The impact you could have:
- Lead a high number of milestone launches: implementing and iterating on our new launch processes as you go.
- Introduce segment-specific needs such as messaging and enablement into our go-to-market plans.
- Lead high-value feature adoption through a series of growth experiments and campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with a large number of internal stakeholders across all departments, educating them on what Product Marketing is as you do.
- Autonomously take on market research to understand how to evolve our segmentation and market understanding
The experience we feel we need:
- You have an opinion on what amazing product marketing looks like. You’re looking for the opportunity to bring your PMM expertise to a high-growth company where you can help build a great product marketing culture.
- You’re a product or feature launch pro—you’ve led at least 2 major launches from ideation through to completion. (Hey, if you’ve led a few minor launches with lots of learnings you could be a great fit too!)
- Your obsession with user experience lets you join the dots between business and customer needs - specifically in an app or platform setting.
- Collaboration is where you thrive! Ideating with different teams, pulling together ideas, and advocating for cross-team wins is what people love about working with you.
- You’re looking for a new challenge in the form of building out new go-to-market motions for a company at scale.
- You want to learn more about experimentation and how you can drive expansion through feature adoption.
Bonus points for...
- Experience working on a mobile app launch and adoption
- Experience working closely with technical product teams
- Experience using Jane App before
- Experience iterating on launch processes
*If you do not meet these requirements, we still encourage you to apply.
As well as a great team, you’ll also get:
- The ability to work from anywhere in Canada. We also have some flexibility to occasionally work outside of Canada
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A yearly $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- A one-time $500 CAD total work from home stipend for a desk and/or a chair (i.e., you can spend the entire amount on a desk or just a chair, or split the $500 how you’d like between the two).
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
- Our hiring process consists of a 30-minute Zoom call with our recruiter, where they will discuss your background, motivations, and provide information about the role, Jane, compensation, and benefits.
- Next, there will be a 1-hour Zoom interview to chat with our Director of Product Marketing
- Following the hiring manager interview, you will be asked to complete a take-home assignment
- After the take-home assignment, you will be meeting with the wider PMM team
- Lastly, you will meet with a Marketing Lead & Product Manager
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.