Senior Product Manager - Discovery
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive patient discovery at Jane. We’ll always be focused on helping practitioners spend more time with their patients and clients. We’re starting to hear more from our customers that they also want us to help them find new patients. You will be responsible for building a platform that works for both Jane products and partners to help patients around the world find care more quickly. We’re thinking about this differently than a traditional marketplace and are building it with trust at the centre. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager (5+ years of experience) who can build the future of how patients find practitioners, both inside and outside of Jane.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack. We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment.
With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving. With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
So what’s happening in 2023? We’re iterating on our existing product to make our customers more successful and we’re working on some complex technical challenges with the goal of operating with a world-class cadence for building and deploying products. From decoupling complex parts of Jane, increasing the predictability of our roadmap, and creating a greater flow for maximum effectiveness of teams. To provide some context into our growth, in 2022, we processed over 93 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone receives on average, 740 million API calls per week. This is up from 250 million per week in 2021!
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
The impact you'll have:
- Help millions of patients find care around the world.
- Help practitioners focus on treating their patients by helping them be discovered by high-quality patients.
- Build a platform with a mix of internal applications and partnerships.
- Create better health outcomes for millions of patients,
The experience we feel we need:
- 5+ years as a Product Manager with a track record of shipping impactful products with at least one 0 to 1 product in your past.
- Experience working with APIs or building a platform
- A strong focus and ability to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively in every situation. You use your communication skills to motivate your team, communicate with your manager and other Jane team members about what you’re working on and have the ability to build incredibly deep trust as a result.
- You’re able to work through challenges by working to get everyone rowing in the same direction.
- You have a strong technical understanding of how mobile and distributed systems are built.
- You work with qualitative feedback, but you back it with data while always keeping the customer voice at the centre.
- You’re able to inspire your team to do the best work of their careers
- We offer a relaxed environment at Jane, if you need to stretch during your interview, use a stand-up desk, or attend to personal matters like letting your barking dog out, that's fine. We also have a casual dress code.
- Our hiring process consists of a 45-minute Zoom call with our recruiter, where they will discuss your background, motivations, and provide information about the role, Jane, compensation, and benefits.
- Next, there will be a 1-hour interview with the hiring manager, delving deeper into your experience and motivations, with a mix of technical and non-technical questions.
- 90 min Case Study Presentation (assuming you are selected after the hiring manager interview): We will provide you with the case study at the beginning of the interview, allowing ample time for review and digestion. The interview will be highly conversational, focused on understanding your unique problem-solving approach.
- 60 min Operational Interview with broader PM team focusing on Product, Customer and Values
- Afterward, our team will hold a debriefing session to discuss their feedback. To mitigate bias, feedback is not discussed among team members until this meeting.
- Throughout the process, your recruiter will provide regular check-ins, updates, and feedback. Assuming all goes well, we will then proceed to the offer and reference check stage. If we decide to keep in touch in the future, you'll be provided with detailed feedback as to why.
As well as a great team, you'll have…
- The ability to work from anywhere in Canada. We also have some flexibility to occasionally work outside of Canada.
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A yearly $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- A one-time $500 CAD total work from home stipend for a desk and/or a chair (i.e., you can spend the entire amount on a desk or just a chair, or split the $500 how you’d like between the two).
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.