Staff Product Manager - Technical
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Jane is looking for a technically experienced, Staff Level Product Manager to join the Platform & Enablement group in our mission driven, high-performance and hyper-growth company. In this role, you would have a chance to lead the foundation for operational excellence and infrastructure support for the dev organization in its entirety. In this high visibility job, you’ll play a critical role in helping Jane strengthen common practices around its foundational technical culture, and contribute to the roadmap for its foundational teams. You will be regularly partnered with Development Manager counterparts to drive thought leadership, with the intent to and deliver best in class SaaS operations.
Like with all positions at Jane, this position is a remote position, allowing you to work anywhere you want across Canada. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA. In our most recent company-wide health check, 99% of our team agreed that our founders demonstrate people are important to Jane’s success. On top of that, 98% of our team felt Manager cares about them as human beings and that they are supported when needing to arrange time off from work. We’d never claim to be perfect, but we’re working hard to listen to our people and improve each day.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack. We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
So what’s happening in 2023? We’re iterating on our existing product to make our customers more successful and we’re working on some complex technical challenges with the goal of operating with a world-class cadence for building and deploying products. From decoupling complex parts of Jane, increasing the predictability of our roadmap, and creating a greater flow for maximum effectiveness of teams. To provide some context into our growth, in 2022, we processed over 93 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone receives on average, 740 million API calls per week. This is up from 250 million per week in 2021!
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
What you'll be doing:
- Take on roadmap development oversight and delivery. You are responsible for ensuring the delivery of components / features in alignment with strategy and the broader roadmap.
- Be recognized as a go-to expert and natural leader within your domain. You understand the design and technical architecture of your platform from a high level perspective, and how it interacts with the broader system.
- Possess expert knowledge of software development process practices (Agile, Scrum, kanban, etc).
- Conduct technical product research. Your customers are Jane’s developers.
- Have a strong ability to analyze data and use it for planning direction.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of software development. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you should know how to work with them with the technical know-how.
- Write & deliver at an expert level in technical writing, workflow design, analysis, and presentations.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, Developers, Architects, Development Managers to drive requirements through the design phase.
- Have proven experience rolling out solutions and products to a broad team for seamless adoption, in relation to overall Program Management.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience working with back-end services and APIs.
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end and quality development concerns.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at a technical, business, and management level.
- Expert ability in leading cross-team initiatives and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong requirements development & management skills.
- Experience planning, monitoring, and reporting on project status for multiple initiatives/teams.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience working with enterprise software and Software-as-a Service (SaaS).
- Experience in the healthcare space with an understanding of the complexities of a compliance-driven environment.
- Experience as a software developer/engineer is a plus.
- Experience implementing and overseeing APIs.
- Experience with large scale performance, availability, and scalability.
If you do not meet the above requirements, we still encourage you to apply...
As well as a great team, you'll have...
- The ability to work from anywhere in Canada. We also have some flexibility to occasionally work outside of Canada.
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?).
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.
See more open positions at Jane App
Something looks off?