Jr. Software Developer
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Phoenix Contact Networking Communications Inc. (doing business as iS5 Communications Inc.), develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our office in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a Jr. Software Developer, you will be part of an exciting engineering team in our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Software Engineer team, you will have an important role in supporting the design, release and launch of communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile.
- Responsible for embedded Linux software design and UI implementation
- Gather requirements and create design documentation
- Work with QA to troubleshoot and debug UI functionality
- Develop software according to the company SDLC process
- Collaborate with team, and QA using bug tracking system
- Ad hoc projects as required
- 3+ years of experience developing and designing real-time embedded software for complex communications systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering.
- Experience with UNIX/POSIX programming interface, Linux system programming.
- Strong knowledge of C, Java Script, HTML, Java
- Solid understanding of networking and protocols.
- Experience in designing Web front-end user interface.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, test, network analyzers etc.).
- Experience of working in embedded development environment.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proactive and energetic, creative and a self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision