Network Consultant (Field Application Engineer)
What you’ll be doing:
As a Network Consultant, you will be part of an exciting pre-sales technical team in our rapidly growing business. Your skills and background in networking technologies will be essential in supporting our international sales team in qualifying technical solutions using the iS5 Communications product range to ensure we deliver timely and accurate information to our customers. As a customer-facing role, your ability to confidently present a solution and interact positively to customer requirements will be essential.
Our core markets include Power Electric Utilities, Transportation, Oil/Gas, and Defense. We welcome you to the exciting world of Industrial Ethernet where your detailed knowledge in Ethernet networking technologies will form the foundation of a unique world beyond enterprise networking. This will include developing solutions with technologies such as serial to ethernet conversion, layer 2 and layer 3 redundant networking principles, cellular WAN gateways, HSR/PRP redundancy, Precision Time Protocol, and more. You will also be working with our next-generation security platform that will provide a new perspective to unified cyber security solutions for the industry.
In the solutions team your daily responsibilities routine at iS5Com is likely to include but not limited to:
- Coordinating with the sales and technical support teams to develop robust solutions and formulating the product specification for the Networking devices as per the customer’s needs.
- Evaluating the customer’s requirement regarding systems application and administering the technical, technological, and functional aspects of proposals accordingly as instructed by the regional sales managers.
- Preparing and evaluating Network Designs based on customer’s requirements and presenting them to the end user.
- Providing limited Network product and networking technology training.
- Contributing and validating advanced cyber security designs in collaboration with support, QA, and engineering resources within the company.
- Collaborating with marketing regarding your customer experiences to assist with research and development.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Networking, Telecommunications.
- Experience or an understanding of Industrial Networks and protocols in SCADA or industrial automation environments would be advantageous.
- 5+ years of practical experience with strong knowledge of L2/L3 protocols—OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RSTP, TCP/IP, RADIUS/TACACS, IPV6, SNMP, and NMS.
- Good/Strong understanding of networking cyber security principles (i.e., firewalls, VPN’s, authentication techniques, encryption, etc.).
- Strong technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, ability to implement quick workarounds to technical problems.
- Understanding of serial technologies such as DNP/Modbus – RS232/RS422/RS485 would be an asset.
- Industry Certifications: CCNP, JNCP, NSE4, CCSA, CISSP, or similar would be highly valued.
- Advanced MS Suite knowledge.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- A Critical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision