Network Solutions System Software Application Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
As a Network Solution System Software Engineer, you will be part of an exciting engineering team in our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Software Engineer team, you will have an important role in supporting the design, release and launch of communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile.
This role reports to the Director of Embedded Software.
- Responsible for Network Solution architecture, design, integration and implementation based on the embedded computing module system
- Developing Java/C/C++ software according to the company SDLC process
- Integrating existing industry packages for cybersecurity, deep packed inspection, NMS, gateway, threats monitoring and log manager
- Responsible for unit tests, system integration, product validation and certification
- Managing outside developers and consultants
- Managing development CI/CD environment, software releases and bug tracking system
- Writing design documentation and status reports.
- 10 + years of experience in developing/integration of Java/C/C++ application on Linux and Windows-based platforms
- In-depth knowledge of system application design and integration for different operational systems
- Solid knowledge with configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Linux
- Understanding of network infrastructure, firewalls, routers, switches and application-level protocols (L2/L3 protocols) – RSTP, LLDP, STP, IGMP, VRRP, RIP, OSPF, TCP/IP, HTTP, NAT, IGMP, QoS, VLAN, VPN, etc.
- At least, 2-3 years of hands-on experience within technologies including but not limited to JPEMBEDDED R-GOOSE Gateway, FORESCOUT EYEINSPECT, SYSKEY OT, XONA, FORTINET FORTIGATE Datadog, and Syslog
- Sound knowledge in virtualization technology/cloud services such as VMWare and Azure
- Understanding of SNMP and log-based monitoring
- Solid knowledge in scripting languages including but not limited to Bash, Perl and Phyton
- Embedded design experience in C/C++ (an asset)
- Experience in customizing Linux distribution and packages to achieve optimal performance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proactive and energetic, creative and a self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision.
What iS5 offers:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!