Sr. Hardware Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Our Company develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer at iS5 Communications Inc. you will be responsible for the hardware design, release and launch of complete product lines. You will be part of the team that creates and executes industry leading communication devices in terms of innovation, security and performance. You will utilize your expertise in design and development of products as you work with a lean and agile team of the best hardware and software engineers in the industry.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be but not limited to:
- Responsible for all phases of hardware design from concept to release to the manufacturing team
- Managing consultants, dealing with PCB and board manufacturers
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing electronic circuit boards
- System and boards level tests and characterization
- Managing certification and compliance activities
- Managing a small team with the potential of growing the team
- Writing reports and design specifications
- Minimum 8 years of experience in board-level design, including schematic capture, design verification and taking responsibility for all phases of hardware design from concept to release manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 2+ years of proven success leading and mentoring an engineering team preferably in a tech start-up environment utilizing Agile practices and tools e.g., Jira
- Strong experience in designing complex telecom boards using the following technologies: Ethernet, Sonet, VDSL, Wireless
- Experience designing systems with 1G/10G Ethernet, DDR3, PCIe, USB, Bluetooth
- Experience designing Ethernet L2/L3 switching systems using chipsets from Broadcom or Marvell
- Experience designing CPU based systems using x86 or ARM based chipsets
- Strong experience in high-speed digital design, experience in analog design
- Experience working with PCB layout designer and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure the design meets DFM/DFT and customer requirements
- Experience working with Orcad Capture, Allegro PCB designer, PSpice
- Hands on experience working with oscilloscopes, network analyzers
- Experience in FPGA programming and design is a plus
- Experience in product compliance testing – EMC/EMI, Safety
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Proactive and energetic, creative and a self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5 offers:
Our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a talented, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Something looks off?