Sr. Software Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Our company develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the company’s designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grid, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer based at our corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for the you will design, release and launch communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile.
This role reports to the Director of Embedded Software.
- Responsible for embedded Linux software architecture and implementation
- Developing C/C++ software according to the company SDLC process
- Responsible for unit tests, system integration, product validation and certification
- Managing outside developers and consultants
- Managing software release and bug tracking system
- Writing design documentation and status reports
- 10 + years of experience in developing real-time embedded and/or application software on Linux based platform
- In-depth knowledge of Ethernet switching, routing and application-level protocols (L2/L3 protocols) – RSTP, LLDP, STP, IGMP, VRRP, RIP, OSPF, TCP/IP, HTTP, NAT, IGMP, QoS, VLAN, VPN, etc
- Experience with UNIX/POSIX programming interface
- Solid understanding of data and telecommunication networks and protocols
- Experience developing any of the following is a plus: Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS, SDN
- Knowledge of cryptographic protocols & standards
- Experience in developing security, encryption and tunneling protocols
- Experience with embedded Linux, Hypervisor, Deep Packet Inspection, DPDK is an asset
- Experience developing in VM or container platforms and technologies is an asset
- Knowledge of SCADA communications protocols like DNP, Modbus etc. is an asset
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proactive and energetic, creative and a self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision.
What iS5 offers:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!