Intermediate Data Engineer
InnerSpace (Indoor Mapping)
InnerSpace is revolutionizing how people experience indoor spaces.
Operating since 2014, InnerSpace is a spatial intelligence platform that uses the science of indoor spaces to help the best companies in the world understand how their real estate is being used. At InnerSpace we use technology to create actionable and accessible insights for our customers using a combination of patented algorithms and data science. Whether in an office building, stadium, university campus or cafeteria, we provide the data our customers need to make critical space planning decisions.WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
InnerSpace is looking for an Intermediate Data Engineer. Here’s what this role means to us:
You will have the opportunity to build and shape a streaming spatial intelligence product. The Data Engineer will be a key member of the data science team, responsible for data flow through the data science pipeline, including features, optimizations, reliability and quality. This role will interact with the web and backend teams to deliver critical features for the product.
You are someone who has exceptional data engineering experience, is excited to join an early-stage company, loves to wear multiple hats, thrives under pressure and loves to learn.WHAT YOU'LL DO AND WHAT YOU'LL BRING
What you’ll do:
- Solve complicated data problems and support other teams' use of it
- Build, maintain and optimize the data science pipelines and infrastructure
- Design, develop, test and implement data ingestion and transformation pipelines to and from big data/cloud platforms using tools and technologies including but not limited to spark, data bricks, and snowflake.
- Design, create and deploy functions, applications and databases in support of complex data pipelines
- Work on performance, security, scalability, CI, migration and compatibility in support of the Data team’s work.
- Work closely with and support the other data team members
- Work with web, QA, DevOps, and data teams to build out new features and functionality
- Actively prioritize and coordinate the resolution of issues to get things done
- Write tested and documented Python code
- Release your code to production every few weeks
- Be a key contributor to the data team
- Develop with 10x growth in mind
- Help maintain Accessibility, ISO, SOC2 and GDPR and compliance
- Advocate for efficiency, innovation and automation
- Be awesome
- Never be satisfied
Your experience, skills, and knowledge
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience in Python development
- Minimum 3+ years of demonstrated experience in pySpark or Databricks
- Minimum 2 years in Cloud and Data Engineering space.
- Experience developing batch and real-time data streams to create meaningful insights and analytics
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and teamwork spirit
- Mastery of OO, TDD and Scrum
- Experience breaking down requirements into deliverable pieces
We offer competitive compensation that includes an equity component, and the chance to be a part of something BIG!
We’re also remote first, so you don’t have to be tied to an office!
Oh, and did we mention long weekends? Yeah, each one is four days long, just so you have a little more time for you!
At this time we are only able to consider applicants who are legally allowed to work in Canada.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, we will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
InnerSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the province where we operate. At InnerSpace, we value the insights and innovation that diverse and inclusive teams bring to work.
Something looks off?