Business Development Representative
Bloomerang combines the best tools, resources, and people to provide a world-class experience for tens of thousands of nonprofits, allowing them to raise more money and do more good in the world. Our powerful software and stellar customer service have made us one of the highest rated fundraising/donor CRM on the market.
In addition to creating thriving nonprofits, we’re also in the business of creating thriving employees. At Bloomerang, you’ll be a part of a mission-driven culture built on the core values of Empathy, Unity, and Transparency. We know the key to our success is our people, and we’re proud to be home to some of the most innovative and skilled employees in the workforce today.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to helping grow Bloomerang's customer base by fielding marketing qualified leads and engaging current customer leads for the sales team. You will have the opportunity to further develop your sales skills while partnering with sales teams to turn leads into opportunities.
The ideal candidate for the Outbound Customer Success BDR at Bloomerang is a proactive and motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You need to have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to effectively generate new customer leads through outbound methods. Strong time management and organizational abilities are essential for maintaining a clean and updated sales CRM. Also, you should demonstrate a competitive drive and the self-motivation needed to consistently meet and exceed expectations while having a solid understanding of Bloomerang's product features, the competitive landscape, and current nonprofit sector conditions.
What You Will Do
- Generate prospects through strategic marketing campaigns.
- Qualify/Disqualify leads via phone (cold calls) and email communication
- Re-engaging prospects with previous interest in Bloomerang
- Utilize CRM tools (Salesforce) to manage opportunities and pipelines.
- Set qualified appointments for the Account Management team.
- Hitting or exceeding daily productivity numbers consistently
- Conduct calls to qualify our software products and services to leads.
- Continuously expand product knowledge for a consultative approach to leads.
- Focused on grabbing attention and educating people using phone presence.
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Nurture relationships with potential customers.
- Collaborate with team members to share and learn from best practices.
- Understand and be able to articulate the features and benefits of Bloomerang.
- Understand the competitive landscape and current nonprofit sector conditions.
What You Need to Succeed
- A desire to grow within Bloomerang and for developing a career in technology sales.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills.
- Passing quality opportunities to the Account Management team that lead to high Closed-Won%
- Hitting SQO goal consistently (monthly and quarterly)
- High percentage of Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) of deals passed
- Strong sense of professional goals and being career driven
- Being highly detail-oriented who can learn new processes quickly.
- Coachability and openness to change is key
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be a team player.
- Being an active listener with a strong sense of empathy will help you excel
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Inside sales/lead generation experience is a plus! (1+ years).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses the drive to advance into a quota-carrying sales role.
- Competitive drive and the ability to self-motivate to meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong ability to problem solve and find new ways to create value.
Nice to Haves But Not Required
- Salesforce/CRM experience
- Outreach/Salesloft experience
- Prior Sales experience
- Prior Nonprofit experience
Health + Wellness
You’ll have access to generous health, vision, and dental insurance options, as well as a free subscription to Bright, a wellness platform that offers live and on-demand fitness, meditation, mindfulness, and nutrition classes.
You’ll get a competitive PTO package that includes 20 PTO days, 3 flex days, 4 optional volunteer Days, 12 paid holidays, as well as paid parental leave.
You’ll receive a 401k match to help invest in your future.
Everything you need to be successful, shipped right to your door.
The base salary range for this position is: $38,500 - $52,000. As this is an incentive compensation role, there is a base salary with annual on target earnings of $65,000. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent on your skills, experience, qualifications, and location, as well as applicable employment laws
This is a permanent, full-time, fully remote position. Employees living in Indianapolis, IN are welcome to work from our company headquarters. We do not offer Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
Applicants who require accommodations may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation in completing an application.
Bloomerang is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Bloomerang are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.