Bloomerang combines the best tools, resources, and people to provide a world-class experience for tens of thousands of nonprofits, allowing them to raise more money and do more good in the world. Our powerful software and stellar customer service have made us one of the highest rated fundraising/donor CRM on the market.
In addition to creating thriving nonprofits, we’re also in the business of creating thriving employees. At Bloomerang, you’ll be a part of a mission-driven culture built on the core values of Empathy, Unity, and Transparency. We know the key to our success is our people, and we’re proud to be home to some of the most innovative and skilled employees in the workforce today.
The Enterprise Software Architect is a critical role for Bloomerang that focuses on modern architecture. As the Enterprise Software Architect, you will also manage and lead a team of other architects in which the team will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining scalable, secure, and modern software solutions using containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. You will also be responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining software applications using Node.js, .NET, TypeScript, and React.js frameworks. Additionally, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, and select appropriate technologies for developing and deploying SaaS applications. If you are an experienced software architect with a passion for modern architecture and building scalable software solutions, this is the perfect role for you.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop modern, scalable, and secure software solutions using containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Architect, implement and maintain software applications using Node.js, TypeScript and React.js frameworks.
- Develop and maintain microservices-based architecture that enables flexibility, scalability, and resilience.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and select appropriate technologies for developing and deploying SaaS applications.
- Create technical specifications, design documents, and architectural diagrams for software projects.
- Mentor and coach software developers on architectural best practices, coding standards and software development methodologies.
- Manage and lead a team of other architects, ensuring successful project outcomes and providing coaching and guidance for individual growth.
- Implement and manage security and compliance requirements for the software development process, ensuring adherence to regulatory and industry standards.
- Serve as a technical advisor to executive leadership, contributing to strategic planning and decision-making processes.
- Drive key architectural decisions
- Optimize how teams work with new technologies
- Drive confidence in technical competence
What You Need to Succeed
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in enterprise software development and architecture.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex integrations with payment processors such as Stripe, Vantiv, or comparable payment processors
- Experience in managing and leading a team of architects.
- In-depth knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes and experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency in modern software development languages such as Node.js, C#, TypeScript and React.js.
- Expertise in microservices-based architecture, RESTful APIs, and design patterns.
- Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable, distributed systems.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to manage and lead a team of architects effectively.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- If you are an experienced software architect with a passion for building scalable, secure, and modern software applications, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- You will work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, developing cutting-edge software solutions that meet the needs of our clients and exceed industry standards.
Health + Wellness
You’ll have access to generous health, vision, and dental insurance options, as well as a free subscription to Bright, a wellness platform that offers live and on-demand fitness, meditation, mindfulness, and nutrition classes.
You’ll get a competitive PTO package that includes 20 PTO days, 3 flex days, 4 optional volunteer Days, 12 paid holidays, as well as paid parental leave.
You’ll receive a 401k match to help invest in your future.
Everything you need to be successful, shipped right to your door.
The salary range for this position is $155,500 - $210,500. You may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent on your skills, experience, qualifications, and location, as well as applicable employment laws.
This is a permanent, full-time, fully remote position. Employees living in Indianapolis, IN are welcome to work from our company headquarters. We do not offer Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
Bloomerang is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Bloomerang are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.