Community & Internal Events Coordinator
About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for an Internal Events & Community Coordinator to support events and internal engagements in the Toronto office. This position reports directly to the Manager, Community-based in Toronto and will work closely with members of all our global teams.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for an energetic individual with excellent project management skills to lead programs including regional internal events, global onboarding, acknowledgement programming and more. This individual will need to be creative, being able to think of new and exciting engagements to connect Indexers. The ideal candidate must be able to take a broad concept and develop it into a structured plan with detailed actions, measurable metrics, communication requirements, and resource needs. The individual will need to be comfortable working across teams and global time zones, and serve as the point of contact for partners, vendors, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to strategic and thoughtful in planning and ensure full logistical support through to execution.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Serve as local in-person support for all events requiring production, etc
- Draft and post Observances & Acknowledgements on the Community Calendar
- Support planning and executing global engagements for interest groups, team and regional events, Social Committees, and more
- Lead global programming for internal communication screens and manage requests
- Lead global Onboarding program
- Lead global Internal Swag Requests program by managing inventory and incoming requests
- Lead global Acknowledgement Policy program and execute requests
Here's What You Need:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in event management or similar
- Adaptability: be able to pivot with evolving situations and programs
- Attention to detail: ensure a high level of accuracy in all work and communications
- Communication skills: superior written and oral skills to execute across multiple communication channels
- Collaboration skills: effectively coordinate the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Engaging personality: be able to connect with others and comfortable facilitating engagements
- Multi-tasking ability: effectively manage multiple projects at a time at differing stages of development
- Problem solving ability: achieve desired results by providing creative solutions and a dedication to innovation
- Organization skills: ensure end-to-end ownership of programs from strategy, planning, project management and execution
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
We remain dedicated to resolving this matter and we appreciate your support.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.