About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Our Product Design team at Index Exchange is a close-knit, collaborative group that crafts experiences to make ad tech easier. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we discover needs and solve fundamental problems that impact the way our customers experience our products. We’re looking to hire a Product Designer who is passionate about design, technology, and solving complex design problems.
As a Product Designer, you will be highly involved in the full end-to-end product development cycle to launch and land high-quality products and features for our customers.
This includes: Understanding the problem space, working with product managers to refine product requirements, validating the solutions through various types of UX research, and working with engineers to implement your designs. In addition, you will support your design team peers with thoughtful feedback and contribute to our design system.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Advocate for a great user experience across our platform by providing thoughtful feedback during various design review sessions
- Be highly involved in the design implementation phase, conducting design QA in collaboration with developers
- Drive meetings to help define the scope of the problem area with product managers and developers
- Use both quantitative and qualitative research methods to inform design decisions and product direction
- Work closely with tech writers to write consistent and helpful UI copy
- Researching and defining new design patterns for our unique B2B product line
- Contribute and help maintain the Index design system
Here's What You Need:
- 2+ years of experience as product designer; designing and shipping product design end-to-end through cross-team collaborations
- Excellent communication, presentation, attention to detail, and documentation skills
- Self starter, curious, and have a desire to learn and grow
- Proficiency with design industry standard tools and softwares like Figma
- Understanding of CSS and HTML to uncover technical constraints of design and development
- Understanding of UI analytics and communications tools like Google Analytics and Pendo
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
We remain dedicated to resolving this matter and we appreciate your support.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.