About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is seeking a Legal Counsel to join our growing, collaborative team in Toronto. In this role, you will support various teams company-wide, helping Index navigate a constantly evolving technological landscape. You will leverage your expertise to ensure Index teams receive practical legal advice and insights, supporting both short- and long-term growth strategies. This role requires a collaborative and adaptive individual that can easily adjust to an always-changing industry. This role will report to the Director, Legal Counsel.
What We’re Looking For:
- A Practical Approach. We’re looking for a talented lawyer with an ability to approach any situation from a logical and practical perspective.
- Strong Communications Skills. While exceptional writing skills are table-stakes for this role, the ideal candidate will be able to communicate well with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-Motivation. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, holding themselves to high standards no matter the task at hand.
- A Collaborative Approach: You will work with teams across the company by acting as a legal stakeholder on a variety of tasks. The ideal candidate will be able to do so while developing strong relationships and inspiring trust.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements for Index (as service provider and as service recipient).
- Liaising with external counsel to assist with contract negotiations worldwide.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with various Index teams to ensure commercial agreements align with both the company’s risk tolerance and the needs of the business.
- Recommending and pursuing projects of interest to support our expanding business.
- Conducting legal research to keep our team apprised of legislative developments relevant to ad technology.
Here's What You Need:
- LLB or JD, with a minimum of 2-3 years of private practice or in-house legal experience.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
- Experience drafting and reviewing commercial agreements.
- Exceptional legal research skills.
- The ability to think and act tactically and strategically.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
We remain dedicated to resolving this matter and we appreciate your support.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.