Head of International Marketing
About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for a Head of International Marketing to drive awareness, engagement, and growth across the EMEA and APAC regions. This individual is responsible for driving the strategy and execution for all regional marketing activities, leading a globally-distributed team of Field Marketing Managers and Translation Managers.
This position is based in London and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. They will work closely with teams across the globe, particularly global Marketing Communications, Sales and Commercial, Product, and Learning & Development, and will be a critical member of the global leadership team.
What We’re Looking For:
- A creative and innovative marketer who understands marketing end-to-end, across disciplines, channels, and tactics.
- Skilled communicator, in ability to listen, and to convey ideas and concepts clearly.
- Data-driven, with a focus on results and optimizing what’s working (and being able to let go of what’s not).
- A strong collaborator and builder of trust, able to develop and grow relationships across functions and across the globe.
- An inspiring leader and people developer, focused on individual and team performance, and maximizing the potential in all people.
- Someone who is driven, ambitious, and passionate about their work, always seeking to learn and improve.
- Someone with a high-quality bar and sharp attention to detail, and able to hold others accountable to that bar.
- Someone who can ruthlessly prioritize, balancing needs and requests across a myriad of demands and stakeholders.
- Able to flex between developing high-level strategy and consider the 30,000-foot view, and then zoom in as necessary to the detail and execution.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Create and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, market share, and revenue in targeted global markets. Channels of responsibility include events, conferences and sponsorships, customer entertainment, website, email, social media, webinars, industry trade relationships and membership, and press relations.
- Lead and mentor an international marketing team, fostering an environment of collaboration, innovation, and continual learning.
- Understand the Index brand, messaging, and values deeply, and adapt brand messages to resonate with diverse international audiences, ensuring cultural sensitivity and relevance.
- Work closely with sales, product, and commercial teams to understand needs and ensure alignment and cohesiveness in international go-to-market strategies.
- Oversee and optimize the international marketing budget, ensuring maximum ROI on marketing investments.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with partners, agencies, and stakeholders to enhance market penetration.
- Regularly track, analyze, and report on international marketing initiatives to senior leadership.
- Lead content localization efforts by managing translation budget and process, and collaborate with content teams to ensure marketing materials are appropriately localized for each market.
- Conduct regular analysis of international markets to identify growth opportunities, new trends, and potential risks.
- Stay updated with the latest global marketing trends, tools, and best practices, integrating them into the company's strategies.
Here's What You Need:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in marketing with a proven track record of driving growth in multiple markets.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively.
- Proven experience in driving growth across the customer lifecycle via lead generation, nurturing, and retention, and measuring results.
- Working knowledge across all marketing disciplines: digital channels (website, email, social media), events and experiential marketing, branding and content, press relations, and trade industry engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams, inspire confidence, and drive results.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and a deep understanding of global market nuances.
- Proficient in using analytical tools and platforms to derive insights from data.
- Flexible and able to pivot strategies based on evolving market conditions and business needs.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to identify and act on new opportunities in complex and ever-changing environments.
- Digital advertising, programmatic, and ad tech experience is highly preferred.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a strong plus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
We remain dedicated to resolving this matter and we appreciate your support.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.