Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
The position reports to the Senior Director, Finance & Analytics in Canada, and will be part of the company’s Product & Engineering Analytics organization that provides strategic support to the CTO and Head of Product through departmental planning and insightful analysis. The position will involve providing ongoing budgeting support, including quarterly CAPEX reviews, month end input and other financial reporting as required. This role will also handle ad hoc projects from the Corporate Finance team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- Minimum 2 years work experience in similar or related field
- Recently qualified CPA, CA or working towards pursuing a designation;
- Strong analytical mind and a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data, and translating to insights for various audiences;
- Must have comfort with ambiguity, fast-paced environment and a self-starter;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with multiple cross functional business partners;
- Ability to prioritize workload amongst competing timelines;
- Ability to articulate financial information in a concise and clear manner to non-financial partners
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality.
- Problem-solving mindset
- Must be at least at an Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Own quarterly and monthly reporting, including but not limited to CAPEX reviews and regular budgeting updates as well as contribute in building accompanying presentation decks for the executive team reviews.
- Assist in the annual budget process and quarterly forecasting consolidations for the company. This will also include partnering with executives and own building the budget and forecasts for organizations that fall under these executives.
- Complete variance analysis on financials and document clear explanations relative to budget, forecast and prior year. Deliver analysis and explanations that enable decision making for budget owners.
- Build relevant dashboards in the Business Intelligence software with key company data and visuals for leaders of the company to use for collaborative analysis and decision-making
- Actively identify opportunities aimed at driving efficiencies, automating processes, and developing best practices within your allocated departments
- Collaborate with team members in other organizations and across the globe on ad hoc projects
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management as required.
Here's What You Need:
- Finance reporting experience is an asset.
- Experience with Business Intelligence
- Experience with use of ERP and Vena
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.