About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We are looking for a Product Analyst to join our Product Analytics team in Toronto. In this role, you will help support our technical and go to market teams, ensuring all parties receive relevant data-driven analytics and insights to support short and long-term planning and strategies. This role will work alongside our Product, Engineering, Infrastructure and Go-To-Market teams to help drive data driven decisions within our largest organizations in the company.
What We’re Looking For:
- Critical thinker: Logical and concise with a strong sense of urgency, understanding the larger story behind each release/product.
- Problem solver: Experience working with teams and collaborating across groups to achieve desired results.
- Independent: Comfort with ambiguity and self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes. Resourceful.
- Passionate: You are curious and love experimenting with different approaches to find the most efficient solution to a problem.
- Storyteller: You can find and tell a story when looking at numbers and graphs
- Experienced: Minimum 1-2 years working experience; 0-1 years in programmatic advertising preferred.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Support Product, Engineering, Infrastructure & Go-To-Market teams with data and analysis related to specific products in a timely manner.
- Analyze data points across large data sets, (billions of rows), drawing logical conclusions around the impact of individual releases/features and evaluating the impact on Index’s overall activity
- Provide regular reporting to all stakeholders on assigned product/channel areas
- Assist various internal teams with identifying key metrics and develop relevant tools to help with their tracking
- Acquire, filter, clean, and transform data
- Analyze, explore, and interpret data using statistical techniques
- Design and build dashboards to quantify and monitor releases and initiatives
- Investigate ideas and develop hypothesis testing frameworks
- Produce data-driven case studies as required
- Provide comprehensive summaries on analysis, releases, and outcomes to key stakeholders
Here's What You Need:
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s ok. Each person brings a different background and different skillset. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for, tell us why!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SQL for querying databases
- Knowledge of Python R for functions like data collection, analysis, visualization and automation
- Knowledge on kafka topics and how to glean insights from them
- Experience with BI tools such as Grafana, Redash and Looker considered an asset
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple concepts
- Strong analytical mind and a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data and translating to insights for various audiences
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among partners and team members
- Strong ability to organize effectively, solve problems, make confident conclusions quickly, thoughtfully, and communicate clearly
- Knowledge of digital advertising industry, participants, technologies, and advertising ecosystems considered an asset
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.
Something looks off?