Buyer Development Account Executive, West
About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for a Buyer Development Account Executive, based in the Los Angeles area. In this role you will be responsible for the management and cultivation of business relationships with a portfolio of Agencies and Brands. You will need to provide marketplace guidance and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens.
You will be a core part of our West Coast Buyer Development team and work alongside our other teams throughout North America. The Buyer Development team at Index Exchange is comprised of seasoned AdTech experts who are able to manage the needs of buyers in the ever-changing AdTech ecosystem. The role is a combination of hunter and farmer, though most of your attention will be on the development of new business. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than would normally be expected.
What We’re Looking For:
- You can convey complex systems and technology in simple to understand terms
- You’re a very organized, self-starter, and are your own “best” critic
- You have a knack for developing relationships
- You are a creative problem solver that can also be organized and deliberate
- You have a deep understanding of programmatic advertising and our ecosystem
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- You will manage a portfolio of agency relationships and be responsible for cultivating existing relationships and establishing new ones.
- Your core focus will be to communicate the value of our products with traders and their leadership, drive behavioral change that results in more media purchased through Index Exchange.
- You will report to and partner with the Regional Director in your region on internal and externally facing projects.
- Additionally, you will evangelize the value of Index offerings with agency managers and trading teams.
- You will need to track your activity and manage your account focus in our CRM system, currently Salesforce.
Here's What You Need:
- You have a minimum of 3 years media sales experience and ideally up to 5 in the media business.
- You have perfected navigating internal relationships, working with support teams, and work in partnership with other sellers
- You have experience in programmatic marketing and understand the programmatic landscape as it exists today
- Deep understanding of key markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales. Can create productive, long-term client relationships that span across multiple categories.
The base salary for this role is $103,000 to $166,000. The total compensation package may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.
Something looks off?