Do you have a serious passion for creating, crafting, and editing video and graphic designs? Is story-telling your gift to the world? Are you looking for a full-time position that allows you the opportunity to create multimedia projects every month while pushing your creative limits? If so, then IMPACK might be a great choice for you.
As the multimedia content creator, your job will entail producing graphic and video content for our organization that aligns with the brand, mission, and goals of our company. As the visual storyteller for our company, you’ll be responsible for storyboarding, shooting footage and editing, managing creative assets, maintaining all video equipment and maintain the visual guidelines for all communications. As the voice for the video in our company, you will be the trusted resource for implementing and maintaining a culture of video.
You will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to video production and post-production. These duties may include the transport, setup, and operation of equipment; and assisting with staging, set preparation, and dressing. IMPACK provides you with all the technical equipment required and you will be responsible for handling and storing it with care.
You will also be responsible for the deliverables related to events and trade fairs, article thumbnails, social post pictures and other graphical designs.
IMPACK offers flexible schedules and hybrid remote work. Occasional travel to our main offices of Saint-Jacques or in the Montreal area will be required for video shooting. And you’ll have the possibility of international travels for customer case study and video shooting of our machines in operation.
You will work closely with the marketing team to execute projects from concept through completion. In addition to the main technical skills of multimedia content creation, your knowledge in communication and marketing will be invaluable. The job is not only shooting and editing videos or pictures, your goal is to help us develop our brand through storytelling with compelling visuals.
You will be under the supervision of:
Maxime Jacques (Sales & Marketing Team Leader)
And working along side:
Alexandre Vachon (Content Writer)
Jacob Archambault (Digital Marketing Specialist)
Maxim Lauzon (Marketing Assistant)
Specific responsibilities include:
- Determining what camera equipment is necessary and recommend new equipment if required (All the equipment is provided by IMPACK)
- Storing, transporting, setting up, and operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production (Occasional travel to our Saint-Jacques main office is required)
- Operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Collecting b-roll footage, as well as interviewing appropriate staff and/or clients
- Creating, optimizing and maintaining the company visual guidelines for all content
- Creating visual content and graphic design for article thumbnails, social posts, events, trade fairs, posters, flyers and other designs (Mostly with Canva)
- Working closely with the marketing team to prioritize the content to produce
- The ability to maintain consistent project management and process that will allow you to publish 2 videos a week consistently
- Working with our team as on camera talent as the subject of your video content
- Assisting in the social-sharing of the video content
- Creating, uploading, optimizing and reporting on content for our Website and YouTube channel
- Owning all aspects of production including, but not limited to:
○ Pre-production scripting and collaboration
○ Production set up, execution and striking
○ Post production editing and publication
○ Reporting on assessing effectiveness of video content
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in maintaining the video hosting platform and understanding best practices:
- Staying up-to-date with all new technological advances (VR, AR, AI, etc.)
Proficient with Video Editing Software (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
Experience with Canva for graphical designs
Experience with Adobe After Effects or Motion are preferred
Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are a plus
Proficient at storyboarding, scripting, and concepting
Understand basic and advanced composition techniques
Understand the fundamentals of branding, marketing and storytelling
Detail oriented and able to identify quality issues in audio and video
Proficient interview skills and getting the most out of on-camera talent
Attention to detail, quick thinking, and a demonstrated proficiency in shooting video
Proven experience in working with a team, with a mindset and goal in developing the best multimedia content
Ability to learn new skills and determine on-going learning opportunities for film techniques
Open minded about multimedia production, with the ability to make our company’s content strategy a reality
Owns the production process and does what it takes to make great content
Self-starting and treats the brand as your own
Deals well with criticism and able to collect feedback easily
Great communication skills and able to interview and make people comfortable. In English and French.
Energetic and able to excite people to be on camera
Looks at the content from the eye of the viewer to create the best experience
Lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities
Bonus Points if:
You have contagious enthusiasm that makes others around you light up when you enter the room
You are obsessed with improving your personal skills, learning everyday, and embracing new technology (like AR, VR, AI, etc.) as it develops
You love feedback and are a major team player
You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and therefore treat the position as if it was your own company
You’re awesome. And because you’re awesome, we absolutely want you to be a part of the team at IMPACK 😊
To support your application, please submit the following:
#1 - A selﬁe-style video, shot on a webcam or smartphone, it should be a complete take answering the following questions in one clip to answer the questions listed below. It shouldn’t use transition effects, or jump cuts, etc.
- How did you learn about this position and what prompted you to apply?
- How would you work with your team to get the most out of talent who may be nervous about appearing in front of a camera?
- Why are you interested in creating video content for marketing purposes?
- What’s your favorite and least favorite part about the video production process?
- What do you do to learn more about video and its uses it?
- What are your professional goals? In three years? In ﬁve years?
#2 - A few multimedia samples of previous work you are proud of.
Something looks off?