Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Backed by a $100MM investment from top VC firm, Insight Partners, iLobby is experiencing rapid growth as an enterprise market leader in the Facility and Visitor Management software space. With clients in 45+ countries and a platform that is truly best-in-class, the company is well positioned for explosive growth as we scale our team. Profitable, nimble, and with a growing list of F500 clients, iLobby is an ideal place for any high potential leader to accelerate their career.
This role will serve a dual purpose of driving insightful financial analysis and finance transformation activities. The individual selected for this role will embark on building the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function by implementing processes, reporting, and the standardization of key metrics that are necessary to drive data driven decision making. In doing so, the Manager of FP&A will assist finance leadership prioritize projects that align with business objectives. In addition, this role will organize, manage, and execute annual budget, quarterly forecast, and monthly reporting activities.
This role reports to the Director of Finance.
This role is flexible/hybrid – working either full-time in our top-floor HQ in north Toronto on Yonge St. or splitting time between working from our HQ and from home.
The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who:
- seeks a role that is highly visible to the organization
- takes great pride in their work and career
- has a genuine curiosity to find the root cause of problems and operating results
- consistently demonstrates commitment to high-quality output that is delivered on time
- is detail-oriented and strives to provide accurate information
- independently completes tasks and responsibilities with little guidance
- is resourceful when seeking solutions to problems, process efficiencies, etc.
- enjoys working collaboratively within a finance team and cross-functionally
- wants to deeply understand the capabilities of systems and tools to enable tasks to be completed efficiently, effectively, and accurately
- has a self-starter attitude and is not concerned with “rolling-up their sleeves” to get the job done
Ultimately, this candidate is ideal for someone who is excited about the opportunity to build an FP&A function with the goal of being a trusted business partner throughout the organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Budget and Forecasting
- Organize and manage budget and forecast activities such as annual and quarterly planning calendars, submission deadlines, and department reviews
- Create and maintain revenue models for the purposes of budget and forecasting and decision making. Collaborate with departments, especially sales and marketing, to align on model inputs and assumptions
- Prepare budget and forecast models for departmental operating costs, including headcount. Provide departments with visibility of actual spend vs budget and forecast
- Consolidate budgets to prepare consolidated financial statements
- Assess risks and opportunities in the plan and communicate these to leadership
- Prepare presentations that are used to present the budget and forecasts to stakeholders
- Interpret data and financial results and communicate findings to leadership in a concise and clear manner
- Create and distribute a monthly reporting package to facilitate an in-depth and insightful monthly review of financial and operating results that is provided to leadership
- Create and report on standardized key performance indicators that are visible across the organization to assess the performance of the business
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly board reporting materials
- Assist with quarterly reporting submissions to the parent company
- Review financial and non-financial data for data integrity and accuracy and provide feedback to members of the finance team (or other departments) when data needs to be corrected
- Support system improvement and implementation projects. This includes supporting evaluation, selection, implementation, and training of new systems or system driven processes. Ensure that documentation exists to support processes and procedures
- Implement automated reports and dashboards within currently available and future finance systems to provide real-time visibility of results to leadership. Seek other opportunities to enhance system capabilities
- Stay current with quarterly ERP feature releases to assess the impact to the iLobby finance function. Host information sessions with the finance team to share details of each release
- Independently identify opportunities to improve systems or processes within the finance function
- Seek opportunities to integrate data with other iLobby systems to increase data visibility across the organization
- Present project statuses and priorities with finance leadership quarterly to re-align key projects and timelines with business objectives
- Assist with M&A activities such as due diligence and integration, as needed
- Assist with other tasks within the finance function, as needed
- Ad-hoc financial and non-financial analysis and reporting, as required.
- University business degree with a specialization in accounting (or other relevant field of study)
- CPA and/or CFA designation
- 5+ years of relevant employment experience. Experience must include a role in financial planning and analysis
- Past employment with a large firm and/or corporate environment
- Past employment with an employer in the software industry is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of excel to effectively analyze big data, create financial models, and perform day-to-day tasks
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and other tools to present financial information
- Experience using finance systems to build and generate reports and dashboards. Experience using Sage Intacct is an asset
We believe that a diverse team is the key to innovation and growth. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourage all candidates to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
iLobby will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that all candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
iLobby thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Office location: 5255 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N 5S3
Please apply through LinkedIn or send an email to email@example.com