Lead Legal Counsel (Commercial)
Backed by a recent $100MM investment from top VC firm, Insight Partners, iLobby is experiencing rapid growth as the enterprise market leader in the Visitor and Workforce Management space. With clients in 45+ countries and a platform that is truly best-in-class, the company is well positioned for explosive growth as we scale our team. Profitable, nimble, and with a growing list of F500 clients, iLobby is an ideal place for any high potential leader to accelerate their career.
Reporting to our CFO, this Legal Counsel role will be primarily responsible for working with our CRO and Sales leadership to draft, negotiate, and finalize SaaS technology contracts, agreements, and other legal documents to support the close of new business.
The role will own the contracting function at iLobby, managing the overall process, engaging with key internal stakeholders as needed, and interfacing with clients when necessary to finalize agreements with urgency. Our Legal Counsel will also work in close collaboration with the rest of iLobby’ s team and CTO to support legal and compliance across all our products and services.
What We’re Looking For
Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, hustle environment where speed is equally as important as accuracy. It is a full-time, permanent role in our Toronto head office with a hybrid working model. This role is an ideal fit for a candidate with the skills, experience, and desire to be the visible leader of the legal function within a high-growth SaaS technology company.
This role is a hybrid position where you'll be required to come into our office twice a week.
- Draft, review and negotiate wide range of agreements including customer SaaS and other licensing agreements, working in collaboration with the Sales team and other internal stakeholders
- Draft and/or maintain various contract templates, including SaaS agreements, privacy and security matters such as DPAs, NDAs, SOWs, and other related contracts and agreements
- Review RFPs and customer contracts to identify and prioritize legal and commercial risks
- Provide support in corporate law and governance
- Manage special projects relating to corporate policy and compliance matters
- Provide the business teams with support on a wide range of legal matters, including procurement, employment, litigation, risk management, compliance, and other regulatory matters
- Develop and lead training on various legal topics and policies
- Called to the Bar in Ontario and must maintain license to practice law in Canada
- 3 to 7 years of post-call experience gained at a law firm or technology company, ideally a mix of the two
- Knowledge of risk management, non-disclosure agreements, outsourcing arrangements, licenses, cloud and SaaS agreements, consulting arrangements, technology aspects of commercial arrangements, and related issues
- Experience negotiating Enterprise agreements and MSAs
- Proven ability to manage the day-to-day flow of agreements and other work with timely internal communications, clear timelines, and assertive follow-up as needed
- Experience working directly with external clients and partners to negotiate agreements leveraging well-developed communication, negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Compliance experience would be an asset
- Experience with PII, GDPR and other privacy and data requirements would be an asset
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to handle confidential information
- High attention to detail, work is accurate, complete and organized
- Proven ability to think logically, analyze and work collaboratively to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Clear writing, listening and verbal communication skills
Why work at iLobby?
iLobby is the global leader in enterprise visitor management, helping complex enterprises digitize, optimize, and automate their key facility process – from streamlined visitor management to emergency evacuation, our Facility OS Platform is cutting edge and driving significant value with our customers.
We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our company promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment that provides:
- Generous compensation + Medical, dental, and vison coverage
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- A Hybrid work environment with offices based in North York, Toronto
- Opportunity for advancement and growth
- Catered Events, Snacks, Drinks – You won’t go Hungry!
- Birthday and Life Event Celebration
- Two Annual Parties (Summer Yacht Party & Holiday Party)
We believe that a diverse team is the key to innovation and growth. We are an equal opportunity employer that value diversity at our company and encourage all candidates to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
iLobby will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked, and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Please note that all candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
iLobby thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Office location: 5255 Yonge St, Suite 1500 North York, ON M2N 5S3
Please apply through LinkedIn or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?