Customer Support Specialist
The support specialist role is to ensure customers receive outstanding support and all their needs are met. This involves supporting policies and procedures for staff to adhere and training or assisting customers.
The support specialist will provide support to clients for district standard application software, as well as establish relationships with other internal departments to ensure goals are met. Provide advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems. Additionally, the software support specialist participates and develops training and a variety of software documentation and reports, and addresses quality assurance issues.
- Ensure customer requirements are met with consistently high-quality service
- Identify the need for new enhancements to existing software
- Engage appropriate internal resources to resolve technical issues and update our customers on progress toward resolution
- Ensure that each support issue and resolution is adequately documented
- Periodically review software support log(s); track performance and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement
- Determine which issues require software support and redirect those that do not to the appropriate resolution team
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and establishing and communicating service metrics and monitoring and analyzing results.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or computer science is preferred.
Strong commitment to rigorous, quality-driven process methods. Must have strong presentation, interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
Must have demonstrated the ability to provide consistent, high-quality responsiveness and overall service to clients. Need to be able to build successful relationships with clients via telephone and email.