Back End Developer Lead
Job Title: Back End Developer Lead
Tell me about Igloo!
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions, which we use internally every day. You might say we talk the talk and walk the walk!
Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it.
And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Why this role is important:
The Lead Backend Developer at Igloo Software is a pivotal role that focuses on leading the backend development team in delivering high-quality, scalable, and well-architected solutions. This position emphasizes not just feature delivery but also code quality and best practices. The role is deeply involved in code reviews, providing guidance, and establishing coding patterns and guidelines and enhancing the developer experience.
The Lead Backend Developer will also have significant influence on architectural decisions and will work closely with the architecture team as well as tackle more complex development initiatives
The impact you’ll have:
- Lead the backend development team in delivering robust, scalable, and high-quality solutions.
- Conduct rigorous code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Establish and enforce coding best practices, design patterns, and guidelines.
- Design and develop processes and tooling to improve the developer experience.
- Collaborate closely with the architecture team to make informed, coherent architectural decisions.
- Ensure code quality by advocating for and implementing testing strategies.
- Provide coaching, mentorship and technical direction to the back end development team
- Act as a technical point of contact for the backend team.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the design and deployment life cycle focusing on delivery deadlines, quality, and maintainability of the platform
- Partner with other leaders in technical discussions and building consensus among leaders, engineers, and product team members
- Assist with breaking down requirements into manageable units of work, performing estimates and solutions meeting defined roadmap and release deadlines
- Oversee the quality of code output and provide guidance for improvement when needed
- Provide proactive, transparent, and concise communication on project status
- Develop documentation related to software development projects (design artifacts, test plans/cases, etc.)
- Collaborate and work effectively with globally distributed teams
- A successful candidate will be able to function as a full
The keys to success:
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and/or have equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years’ experience working in the software development industry
- Demonstrated experience with C#, and .NET development
- Experience leading and mentoring a development team
- Ability to produce technical architecture designs for user and system flows
- Experience in cloud automation and infrastructure as code
- Background in developing microservice and API first based platforms/architectures
- Exposure to Cloud solutions like AWS or preferably Azure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Azure cloud services is required, experience in any of the following (a plus):
- Azure Functions
- Service Bus
- Cognitive Search
- Ability to design and implement CI/CD process
- Proven experience building consumer facing platforms and applications
- Strong understanding of automated testing best practices
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web/mobile applications
- Experience working with external vendors and outsourced teams
- Experience with rapid development and prototyping a plus
- Positive attitude and willing to “go the extra mile” ensuring that time critical requirements are met
- Excellent writing skills with ability to express strategy, technical knowledge, and processes
If you don’t meet with the requirements, but feel you have what it takes, we still want to hear from you!
What Igloo can offer you!
We offer a training budget for every employee, health benefits and a wellness spending account, and support a hybrid work environment. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, whatever hardware makes your work easier. We are also proud to offer a 100% remote-first work environment for each role at Igloo!
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo is committed to building and supporting a culture of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent and welcome applications from all qualified individuals, especially those from underrepresented and systemically oppressed groups.
Learn more about Igloo Software: https://www.igloosoftware.com/careers/