Junior Full Stack Developer
Job Title: Junior Full Stack Developer
Tell me about Igloo!
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions, which we use internally every day. You might say we talk the talk and walk the walk!
Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it.
And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Why this role is important:
As a key member of the Software Development team you will work alongside a fabulous team of developers. You’ll help to enhance the feature set, performance, scale, security and optimization of our software and tooling while also crushing more than a few interesting bugs.
This is an incredibly meaningful role working on our flagship product that is literally changing how the world works! You’re a great fit for our team if you are passionate about building digital platforms and providing innovative ways of connecting services that provide an exceptional customer experience at scale and in real-time.
The impact you’ll have:
- Contribute: You’ll work with your team to enhance, scale and secure Igloo’s flagship software and services!
- Learn: Work with the rest of the development teams to continually learn, understand, determine and establish meaningful standards that support modern development practices and patterns.
- Investigate: Ownership of the troubleshooting and targeted refactoring underperforming application areas.
- Improve: Relentlessly track down and squash tricky bugs that cause our customers pain through thoughtful and elegant solutions.
- Collaborate: Work cross-functionally with other Engineering teams to establish, implement and guide the delivery of the software development team’s services.
The keys to success:
- 2 years of hands-on web development experience
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- C# / Microsoft ASP.NET MVC experience necessary
- React/Redux experience necessary
- Strong knowledge of working with RESTful APIs
- Previous experience optimizing, scaling, refactoring or securing web applications
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional follow up and follow through
- The ability to problem solve and think both critically and creatively
- Exceptional ability to communicate (including written documentation skills)
- Knowledge of security gateways and protocols (JWT, Oauth2.0, SSL Certificates)
- Proficient in one of the following: Bootstrap, Foundation, Kube or equivalent experience with a major responsive web framework
- Web Accessibility (WCAG)
- Microsoft SQL
- HTML and CSS
- Front-end frameworks and templating languages
- Microsoft Azure Experience
If you don’t meet with the requirements, but feel you have what it takes, we still want to hear from you!
What Igloo can offer you!
We offer a training budget for every employee, health benefits and a wellness spending account, and support a hybrid work environment. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, whatever hardware makes your work easier. We are also proud to offer a 100% remote-first work environment for each role at Igloo!
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo is committed to building and supporting a culture of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent and welcome applications from all qualified individuals, especially those from underrepresented and systemically oppressed groups.
Accommodations are available on request to enable your full and inclusive participation in our recruitment process. Please contact for if you require support.
Learn more about Igloo Software: https://www.igloosoftware.com/careers/