Job Title: Controller
Tell me about Igloo!
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions, which we use internally every day. You might say we talk the talk and walk the walk!
Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it.
And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Why this role is important:
We are looking for a Controller to join our fast-paced Finance Team. This role will be a key contributor to the team, managing revenue recognition for the company and producing monthly reporting packages. Additionally, as Igloo continues its fast-paced growth, the Controller will assist in ad hoc analysis over various parts of the business.
The Controller will play a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely reporting materials, to assist in decision making at the management and board level. The role will also present findings to key business stakeholders and executives at Igloo.
The impact you'll have:
- Accounting operations: Manage all accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, cash management, and payroll.
- Month-end reporting: Ensure a timely month-end close process, review general ledger and month-end entries, and perform budget to actual variance analysis. Prepare monthly reporting packages to be delivered to the board of directors.
- Audits: Lead as primary resource for annual financial audit and audits from local, state, and federal regulators.
- Taxes: Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings within Canada, United States, and other locations as needed.
- Forecast and Strategy: Participate in the development of company’s budget, financial forecasts, analysis and adhoc reporting. Support CFO and Director of Finance in M&A Strategy and Execution.
- Processes: Work internally and cross-collaborate with other departments to review, refine and create processes as we grow and expand.
- Leadership: Manage and oversee the work of the Accounting team.
The keys to success:
- 5 years of previous accounting experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a people management role
- University degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- CPA (CA, CMA, or CGA) designation.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and priority-setting skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with ASPE
- Experience with a public accounting firm is an asset.
- Experience with SaaS companies is an asset.
If you don’t meet with the requirements, but feel you have what it takes, we still want to hear from you!
What Igloo can offer you!
We offer a training budget for every employee, health benefits and a wellness spending account, and support a hybrid work environment. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, whatever hardware makes your work easier. We are also proud to offer a 100% remote-first work environment for each role at Igloo!
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo is committed to building and supporting a culture of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent and welcome applications from all qualified individuals, especially those from underrepresented and systemically oppressed groups.
Learn more about Igloo Software: https://www.igloosoftware.com/careers/