Embedded Firmware Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
About iENSO www.iENSO.com
iENSO makes Embedded Vision and Edge AI platforms for companies that need to include AI, image processing, and data connectivity capabilities in intelligent IoT Products that can output actionable data so that humankind can make better decisions and be more efficient. Our global network of expertise is in vision, design, development, and manufacture of optimized and scalable embedded vision systems for home automation, robotics, precision farming & agriculture, remote security, and medical equipment.
By delivering scalable platforms that include both hardware and software, we have created an ecosystem that is enabling some of the world’s leading brands to easily implement Vision and AI in their applications.
Scope of Position:
· Salaried, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
· Hybrid Work System: 20 Mural Street, Richmond Hill, ON + Work From Home
· Salary: TBD + Benefits
· Date posted: August 1, 2023
Reporting to the Software Manager, the Embedded Firmware Engineer will be involved in the development of the unique software systems that are utilized in custom digital cameras and modules, integrating functions and features often not found in traditional cameras.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement embedded firmware using Modern Object-Oriented Analysis and Design techniques, implemented in C++ and C for Embedded Linux and RTOS operating systems;
- Write hardware and software requirements, system architecture, and high-level design;
- Implement, test, and validate designed software;
- Document requirements, specifications, and code;
- Provide customer support and ongoing product enhancements;
- Manage portions of projects, your own work plus deliverables from other parties as needed, to meet project goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/ Computer Engineering/ Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years proven embedded software engineering experience
- Proven development experience with Embedded Linux for an SoC
- Strong C++ (at least C++11) and C programming abilities
- Hands-on experience with The Yocto Project
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems, data communications & protocols
- Knowledge of IoT security and encryption
- Linux Kernel peripheral driver development experience
- Knowledge of embedded file systems, robust data storage and integrity management methods
- Ability to discern software vs hardware issues
- Eligibility to work in Canada
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), iENSO strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.