Location: Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
**Experience: **3-5 years science and business background in technical sales
Education: Bachelor’s of Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering
About the Role:
ICSPI is searching for a highly energetic and motivated Account Executive (AE) with a passion for sales. We are a fast-growing start-up and we are looking for a highly driven AE to continue our explosive growth with atomic force microscope (AFM) instrument sales in the materials science and surface analysis industry.
As an Account Executive at ICSPI, you will work closely with the VP Global Sales supported by a team of sales development representatives and customer success scientists to close qualified leads and educate researchers on the utilization of our breakthrough instrument, the world’s first AFM-on-a-Chip - the nGauge. AEs enable our customers to solve their problems faster by using easy-to-use benchtop tools.
Extensive experience in selling technical and scientific equipment to academic and government labs and industry is a plus but all candidates will be considered.
Your focus will be on the US/Canada market.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for building personal relationships and helping people find new and breakthrough ideas. You focus on what can be done and how it can be done, not what can’t.
- You are motivated to support scientists and engineers with the benchtop solutions that simplify their research and accelerate their time to data and publication.
- You will be an integral part of a small team, have a passion to succeed and transform the AFM market by making AFM instruments available to all labs and researchers world-wide.
- Develop and manage regional pipeline and sales forecast
- Work closely with SDR’s to drive opportunity pipeline and sales goals
- Working with SDR’s, research and evaluate new markets and business opportunities, prospect for new leads, outbound and develop new customers
- Deliver quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Manage CRM to maintain sales pipeline and keep detailed records of customer interactions
- Support regional and global tradeshows and exhibitions
- Collaborate with marketing department on projects and goals
- Contact leads via phone and email
- Lead AFM technical seminars and product demos both in-person and online
- Develop strong customer relationships
- 3-5 years experience in sales role in selling hardware
- Strong track record of exceeding sales goals
- Highly self-directed, goal-oriented and show excellent independent judgment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s of Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- Background in materials science, physics, chemistry or engineering
- Travel up to 50% required
- Must hold a valid passport and be able to travel
- Must be able to access public institutions in Ontario
ICSPI designs, manufactures, and sells atomic force microscopes that enable the next generation of nanoscale measurement. Our flagship product—the nGauge atomic force microscope—has reset the expectations for AFM and nanoscale metrology. ICSPI, backed by funding from DARPA, is dedicated to help scientists get the 3D topographical data at the nanoscale they need.
We are a fast-growing company with a worldwide presence in over 50 countries. Based in Waterloo Canada, we have a team of scientists and engineers who have designed the world’s first benchtop AFM-on-a-Chip. We offer differentiated products that disrupt the market enabling cutting-edge research for the next generation of scientists and engineers.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.