Associate, Payroll Services - Remote
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Do you love working with numbers? Is payroll the name of your game, but you’re looking for an opportunity where you can leverage your experience doing full cycle payroll? We’re seeking Associate Payroll services to join our fun-loving Client Experience team.
If you’re keen on customer service and looking to flex your strategic thinking skills, then you could be the perfect fit.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as an Associate, Payroll Services?
- You will process payroll for our managed clients (up to 600+ employees), ensuring timely communication, accurate payroll and benefit adjustments, ROE submissions and detailed reporting
- You will support our Experience Managers with payroll technical know-how and new CRA guidelines
- You will own the on-going payroll processing and advisory for our managed payroll clients while defining the best in class experience.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Introduction to the Client Experience (CX) and Product Experience (PX) team
- Introduction to the Sales team
- Introduction to Payroll stakeholders
- HR 101 with the Director of HR
- Manage day-to-day expectations
- Discuss KPIs
- Receive access and training to CX tools: Hubspot, Zendesk, Asana etc.
- Walkthrough client implementation process
- Walkthrough managed payroll process
- Shadow PX and assist running managed payroll
- Receive product training on all our modules: HR, Payroll and Benefits.
- Pair-tackle client tickets
- Shadow PX calls: HR, Payroll and Benefits
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Independently respond to client tickets
- Independently run client payroll
- Manage client portfolio
- Have clear understanding of concepts introduced during focused learning sessions
- Able to navigate through various platforms and softwares
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Contribute to internal Q&A forum and knowledge base
- Take ownership of role and look for opportunities of improvement over current processes
- Comfortable seeking guidance from resources outside of immediate team members
- Participate in stakeholder interviews held by product managers to aid product development
In your first year, you will:
- Add value to role by taking on more responsibilities outside of core duties
- Complete large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable tackling issues involving advanced application of payroll concepts
- Upgrade skills by participating in ongoing workshops
What are we looking for in an Associate, Payroll Services?
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- Must be PCP certified (or in the process of obtaining PCP)
- Must have processed 500+ employees
- Self-starter who has the ability to juggle and support multiple clients and meet tight deadlines
- Tech savvy and ability to pick up new platforms and software quickly
- Strong communication skills with a customer service mindset and team mindset
- Self starter with a resourceful attitude when problem solving and dealing with ambiguity
- Analytical and strategic thinker who looks for opportunities and spearheads innovation that will drive better process improvements
- Experience working in a fast pace startup is an asset
Why join the Humi Family?
- As a team that services the HR world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with flex hours and our Long(er) weekends initiative
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.
See more open positions at Humi
Something looks off?