Senior Consultant, Business & Tax Incentive Solutions (SR&ED)
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
In this role, by leveraging your engineering expertise, you will have an integral role in advancing our clients' innovative research ventures. Your mission will be to guide a diverse clientele in navigating their SR&ED claims, and in the process, you'll evolve into a trusted counselor, offering insightful best practices while immersing yourself in the multifaceted industries represented by our client base.
You will assist our clients in identifying eligible SR&ED activities and describe these activities in a technical report. We will provide you with specialized training on Canada's SR&ED Tax Incentive Program which encourages businesses operating in Canada to develop new products or processes or improve existing ones in the field of science or technology. Incentives are provided through investment tax credits (ITC) delivered via the corporate income tax system.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by reputable investors including: Kensington Capital Partners, a firm with over 25 years of investment experience, TELUS Ventures who partners with disruptive, market-transforming companies, Tribe Capital, the same group who funded Slack and Carta. Y-Combinator, the top value-based U.S. accelerator, and several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as a Senior Consultant, Business & Tax Incentive Solutions?
- Writing technological descriptions of various different innovative projects related to SR&ED or other types of innovation funding.
- Assisting Humi clients or other colleagues in the active identification, gathering and analysis of relevant information. You will also collect relevant documentation in support of the information you are collecting.
- Researching and reviewing pertinent publications and documents within specific industries.
- Assisting clients in the preparation of the responses to inquiries from government officials.
- Assisting clients in the development and maintenance of a documentation system.
- Working with our team to develop and improve processes for the delivery of our services.
- Planning, organizing and executing engagements on time and within budget.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking to add an individual with a solid engineering background that has a desire to be exposed to new state-of-the art innovations in a wide range of industries.
- You will keep up-to-date with innovative technologies and trends in the world of science and engineering, and you will be excited to develop a good understanding of Federal and Provincial innovation incentives programs, such as the Scientific Research and Experimental Development program (SR&ED).
Why join Humi?
- As a team that services the SMB world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with flex hours and our Long(er) weekends initiative
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.