Senior Payroll Implementation Specialist (Bilingual)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
We’re growing! Do you love working with numbers or is payroll the name of your game but now you are looking for something that will really challenge your strategic and analytical thinking? We are looking for a Payroll Experience Associate to join our fun-loving Client Experience team who wants to flex their customer service and strategic thinking skills more!
Payroll has traditionally been seen as a boring, highly administrative function and is now transitioning to a more strategic function as leadership within businesses are looking more to this area for insights. As a Payroll Experience Associate, we will train you from the ground up to empower you to take charge when it comes to managing the payroll implementation process. From there you will be partnering with new clients to help them develop a clear picture of what their business and operational needs are in order to establish a successful execution. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to become a subject matter expert in payroll and make an impact at a fast-growing company where their innovative ideas will be heard and implemented.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as a Payroll Experience Associate?
- You will analyze clients’ payroll needs to determine feasibility and configuration
- You are responsible for all payroll setup for clients, including analysis, validation, issue resolution, process training, initial dry/live run(s), support and churn
- You will support our Experience Managers with payroll technical know-how and new CRA guidelines
- You will facilitate and schedule client training calls, develop work-back schedules, advise on benefits set-up, troubleshoot and provide on-going consultation
- You will work closely with the Sales team to ensure successful payroll implementations and identify product line expansion opportunities
- You will participate in or take lead on projects to improve processes or with the strategic planning of the Implementation Experience team
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Introduction to the Implementation team
- Introduction to the Sales team
- Introduction to Payroll stakeholders
- HR 101 with the Director of HR
- Manage day-to-day expectations
- Discuss KPIs
- Receive access and training to CX tools: Hubspot, Zendesk, Asana etc.
- Walkthrough client implementation process
- Receive product training on all our modules: HR, Payroll and Benefits.
- Receive focused training on payroll concepts
- Pair-tackle client tickets
- Shadow implementation calls
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Independently respond to client tickets
- Manage client portfolio
- Launch minimum of 4 clients per month
- Have clear understanding of concepts introduced during focused learning sessions
- Able to navigate through various platforms and softwares
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Contribute to internal Q&A forum and knowledge base
- Take ownership of role and look for opportunities of improvement over current processes
- Comfortable seeking guidance from resources outside of immediate team members
- Participate in stakeholder interviews held by product managers to aid product development
In your first year, you will:
- Add value to role by taking on more responsibilities outside of core duties
- Complete large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable tackling issues involving advanced application of payroll concepts
- Upgrade skills by participating in ongoing workshops
What are we looking for in a Senior Payroll Experience Associate (Bilingual)?
- Must be fully bilingual in French and English
- 1+ years of client management or stakeholder relations experience
- Experience or knowledge in payroll, accounting, or financial sectors
- Self-starter who has the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Tech savvy and ability to pick up new platforms and software quickly
- Strong communication skills with a customer service mindset and team mindset
- Self starter with a resourceful attitude when problem solving and dealing with ambiguity
- Analytical and strategic thinker who looks for opportunities and spearheads innovation that will drive better process improvements
- Completed post secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, Payroll or other relevant areas
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is an asset
- Experience working in a fast pace startup is an asset
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.