Associate, Client Success
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Are you a relationship builder and looking for a role where you can focus on building impactful connections?
We are looking for a client centric leader to join our high performance tight knit Client Success team. As part of the Client Success team, not only will you take charge in owning your own portfolio of clients and be the subject matter expert for your customer portfolio, but you will have the opportunity to spearhead projects to elevate the entire Client Experience department.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as a Client Success Associate?
- Develop client relationships that promote retention and advocacy
- Act as a trusted advisor for your clients: build trust and rapport, offer additional training, answer questions, help troubleshoot, share best practice, and assist in optimizing their account to help them achieve their business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external senior-level management to understand customer needs, maximize retention and growth, and communicate learnings
- Share direct client feedback and feature requests with the Product and Engineering teams
- Identify opportunities for product line expansion
- Achieve key Client Success metrics: Gross Churn and Net Churn
- Conduct Executive Business Reviews with all of your clients
- Prepare and present individual monthly Success metrics and KPIs to the Director of Client Experience
We’re specifically looking for a Client Success Associate who will roll up their sleeves and own the success of their client portfolio. As a key member of our client success team, you will build strong relationships with customers and collaborate with cross-functional leaders internally to deliver consistently excellent customer experiences. Our ideal candidate is passionate about using analytical skills to identify problems, find solutions, and improve relationships. To succeed in this role, you should have relevant client experience and a demonstrated record of analyzing and optimizing client accounts.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- You will be attending Humi’s immersive onboarding program that will teach you all the aspects of the business while meeting with different cross-functional collaborators
- Meet the Co-Founders
- Introduction to the Implementation team
- Introduction to the Sales team
- Introduction to Client Success stakeholders
- HR 101 with the Director of HR
- Manage day-to-day expectations
- Discuss KPIs
- Receive access and training to CX tools: Hubspot, Zendesk, etc.
- Walkthrough client implementation process
- Receive product training on all our modules: HR, Payroll and Benefits.
- Receive focused training on client success concepts
- Pair-tackle client tickets
- Shadow implementation and client success calls
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Have strong product knowledge
- Independently respond to client tickets
- Begin to manage assigned client portfolio
- Execute existing success touch points
- Have clear understanding of concepts introduced during focused learning sessions
- Able to navigate through various platforms and softwares
- Participate in success Game Tape and Pipe Reviews
- Responsible for Net and Gross Churn metrics & upselling targets
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Be fully ramped up and own a full portfolio of clients
- Demonstrates the ability to manage, monitor, and improve the health of a portfolio of clients
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with the Sales, Product and Engineering teams
- Have a strong understanding of which client tickets you keep, and which ones you can triage to the support team
- Know when to triage and escalate client issues
- Identify, log and escalate bugs to the QA Analyst
- Take ownership of role and look for opportunities of improvement over current processes
- Conduct executive business reviews with clients in portfolio
In your first year, you will:
- Have the ability to bring key stakeholders together when appropriate
- Demonstrate excellent product knowledge
- Understand and communicate best HR and Payroll practices in Canada with clients
- Have an affinity for troubleshooting and problem identification
- Demonstrate an understanding of when a client has been oversold
- Demonstrate an understanding of when there is a risk of churn
- Add value to role by taking on more responsibilities outside of core duties
- Complete large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Upgrade skills by participating in ongoing workshops
What are we looking for in a Client Success Associate?
- 2+ years of experience in customer/client management
- Strong verbal and written communication, strategic planning, and project management skills
- You care deeply about clients and have a natural ability to empathize with and advocate for them
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a deadline-driven environment
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Experience working with Zendesk, Hubspot, Notion and Slack, as well as sales experience meeting and exceeding targets are both nice to haves.
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.