Advisor, Group Benefit Portfolios - Remote
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
At Humi, we take pride in going out of our way to help Canadian businesses and families take ownership of their financial security. As our team is rapidly scaling, we are looking to find a driven, empathetic, and highly organized professional to join as an advisor of Benefits Portfolios.
As the Advisor, Benefits Portfolios, we will empower you with all the tools and skills you need to thrive in the world of insurance and benefits. You will support the Benefits team by identifying the best benefits package for different companies and advocating on their behalf for the best rates, while ensuring a seamless set up for their respective employees. As a member of the Advisor team, you will be responsible for renewing group plans, managing post-renewal deliverables and aiding in ensuring that our clients successfully keep their benefits plan relevant as their business evolves.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as an Advisor, Benefits Portfolio?
The Advisor, Benefits Portfolios plays an integral part in ensuring the Benefits team can provide our current clients along with their respective teams with the best benefits plan that caters to their needs at different stages of their company’s growth.
As an Advisor, Benefits Portfolio, your responsibilities would consist of:
- Building rapport with new benefits clients alongside the sales advisor and service manager via quarterly check-ins
- Maintain strong relationships with our carrier partners
- Negotiate renewals with our carrier partners
- Successfully renew numerous group plans each month ensuring the client's best interests are addressed
- Market existing group plans in order to source a new provider that better suits the client's needs
- Handling post-quote presentation action items (i.e. alternate quotes, answering client inquiries, etc)
- Confirming sales details with the selected carrier before engaging the benefits service manager to handle a group's implementation with their new provider
- Conducting benchmarking exercises for clients
- Providing quarterly performance reviews to clients
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard and integrate with the Humi Benefits team
- Meet with Department Heads and members of the Leadership team
- Submerge into the Humi culture and vision
- Be acquainted with the different platforms and software that will be used day to day
- Build an understanding of the distribution structure of the industry, the various providers, and where the Humi brokerage fits in the mix
- Be a sponge to acclimate with the different Humi processes and procedures
- Participate in client renewal meetings to understand how to "sell for the future" not just today's bottom line
- Support Humi's Portfolio Advisors with post-renewal deliverables
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Have built a strong foundation and understanding of how the Benefits team operates when prospects come in from the Software sales team
- Have a strong understanding of our approach to renewing group plans
- Start transitioning into managing your own block of clients within the Humi book of business
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Have hit a milestone in which you will have a strong understanding of why clients choose Humi to be their resource & advocate for all things benefits
- Nurture and manage your own book of business
- Work closely with the benefits service managers as well as the software team to ensure that clients are getting everything they need to allow their business to thrive
What are we looking for in an Advisor, Benefits Portfolio?
- You have previous work experience in sales, account management or customer service in fast-paced environments
- You are LLQP licensed (or equivalent) or in the process of completing your certification and it is in good standing
- You are knowledgeable on group benefits best practices and requirements from working for an insurance carrier or brokerage
- You pride yourself in relationship management due to your ability to create delight for customers and partners
- You are highly organized and thrive when managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple competing deadlines
- You are a strong communicator and a master influencer when trying to curate the best solutions for all parties
- You possess a resourceful attitude and thrives in ambiguity
- You are tech-savvy, have a high mathematical aptitude and a quick learner
- You have a strong work ethic with a constant desire to improve through constructive feedback
- You are able to cohesively work with members within the direct team as well as other teams at Humi
- You possess confidence when speaking with clients
- You are a strong presenter and possess the ability to analyze and explain data clearly to clients
Bonus points if:
- You previously worked in a fast-paced startup and understand how to manage changing priorities
- You have experience working with CRMs
- You are bilingual
Why join Humi?
- As a team that services the HR world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with flex hours and our Long(er) weekends initiative
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.