Market Manager - International App / Marketplace (Australia)
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
About the job
For context, Hopper is expanding our expansion in Australia!
While Hopper was founded in Montreal, this will be Hopper’s first team exclusively focused on APAC Expansion.
We’re looking for an Australian based Market Manager to join our small but growing Hotel team. In this role, you will find, develop, and maintain a portfolio of hotels that Hopper makes bookable through the Hopper app and our partnerships.
You will ensure that your hotels are attractive to Hopper customers and have accurate rates and room availability.
To succeed at Hopper you must have a passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer a start-up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should be stimulated by customer engagement and enjoy both selling to new hotels and managing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as Hopper grows.
What would your day-to-day look like
- Build and progressively expand a portfolio of local hotel partners by negotiating and securing win-win distribution partnerships, facilitating hotel onboarding, and owning
- Hopper’s day to day relationship with your hotels
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership
- Engage with both individual hotels and hotel groups across Australia and New Zealand to achieve your targets
- Ensure that partner hotels’ product (content, rates, and availability) is consistently optimized and competitive on the Hopper app to maximize customer conversion
- Maximize sales for your hotel partners by providing relevant data insights and superior support services and collaborating closely with Hopper’s product, support, and growth teams
- Represent Hopper in the local market, build Hopper’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.), and provide expertise to the local industry
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio
An ideal candidate has:
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience in the Hospitality industry with a passion for Travel, and Hopper’s mission.
- A strong desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding job performance goals
- Experience closing deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints and an understanding of varied sales methodologies
- Experience using a CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast-changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to select and present insightful datasets including performance, market and competitor analysis, and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and actively listens when spoken/presented to
- No ego.
- Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and a quarterly based performance incentive with significant upsides
- Generous monthly cash allowance for private healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision, disability & life)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexport All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the leading travel platform globally – powering Hopper’s mobile app, website and our B2B business, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions). By leveraging massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to bring transparency, flexibility and savings to travelers globally. We have developed several unique fintech solutions that address everything from pricing volatility to trip disruptions – helping people travel better and save more on their trips.
The Hopper platform serves hundreds of millions of travelers globally and continues to capture market share around the world. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the Hopper app has been downloaded over 120 million times and has become largely popular among younger travelers – with 70% of its users being Gen Z and millennials.
While everyone knows us as the Gen Z and Millennial travel app, Hopper has evolved to become much more than that. In recent years, we’ve grown into a global travel agency and travel fintech provider that powers some of the world’s largest brands.
Through HTS, our B2B division, the company supercharges its partners’ direct channels by integrating our fintech products on their sites or powering end-to-end travel portals. Today, our partners include leading travel brands like Capital One, Nubank, Air Canada and many more.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year. In 2023, over 1.3 billion trips were planned through the Hopper app and our HTS partnerships.
Our fintech products – including Price Freeze, Flexibility for Any Reason and Flight Disruption Assistance – have exceptionally strong CSAT because the terms are always clear, and customers receive instant, no-questions-asked resolutions.
Almost 30% of our app customers purchase at least one fintech product when making a booking; and consumers are 1.6x more likely to repurchase if they add fintech to their booking vs if they booked just travel.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions), which represents more than 50% of the business.
Through HTS, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory on their direct channels. As its first HTS partnership, the company partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other HTS partners include Air Canada, Uber, CommBank, Nubank, Flair Airlines with many more in the pipeline.
Featured in Apple’s Best of the App Store list of Essential Travel Apps in 2023 and recognized by the likes of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Hopper has been downloaded over 120 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America and 70% of our app customers are Gen-Z and millennials travelers.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!