Sr. Product Designer - Travel Marketplace (App)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
About the job
We’re looking for an experienced designer who will be responsible for ensuring the Hopper app is the best place for customers to book travel. More specifically, the objective for this role is to make the Hopper app a delightful, informative, and convenient place for Hopper customers to find and book at low prices. This looks like constantly finding opportunities to improve the UI/UX, creating new features around holistic trip planning, and designing best-in-class marketplace experiences for hotels, homes, flights and cars.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Day-to-day you’ll be partnering closely with product and engineering to create designs that are desirable, functionable, and feasible, and help us achieve the business objectives for the app as a leading travel marketplace.
- As part of this work, you’ll be working closely with these teams on the end-to-end product development process, from UX research, to requirement gathering and grooming, to product delivery and any possible iterations that may follow.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years previous experience working on a consumer mobile product, preferably a marketplace product
- Knowledge of iOS and Android design standards
- Experience with Figma and prototyping tools
- Ability to assess technical feasibility of designs and work with engineers to simply where needed
- Ability to own design process end-to-end, from concept to smoke tests to full implementations, including a basic analysis of success measurement with minimal guidance and ambiguity
- Portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options/RSUs
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexport All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan or 401K plan (depending if locating in CAN or USA)
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the leading travel platform globally – powering Hopper’s mobile app, website and our B2B business, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions). By leveraging massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to bring transparency, flexibility and savings to travelers globally. We have developed several unique fintech solutions that address everything from pricing volatility to trip disruptions – helping people travel better and save more on their trips.
The Hopper platform serves hundreds of millions of travelers globally and continues to capture market share around the world. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the Hopper app has been downloaded over 120 million times and has become largely popular among younger travelers – with 70% of its users being Gen Z and millennials.
While everyone knows us as the Gen Z and Millennial travel app, Hopper has evolved to become much more than that. In recent years, we’ve grown into a global travel agency and travel fintech provider that powers some of the world’s largest brands.
Through HTS, our B2B division, the company supercharges its partners’ direct channels by integrating our fintech products on their sites or powering end-to-end travel portals. Today, our partners include leading travel brands like Capital One, Nubank, Air Canada and many more.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year. In 2023, over 1.3 billion trips were planned through the Hopper app and our HTS partnerships.
Our fintech products – including Price Freeze, Flexibility for Any Reason and Flight Disruption Assistance – have exceptionally strong CSAT because the terms are always clear, and customers receive instant, no-questions-asked resolutions.
Almost 30% of our app customers purchase at least one fintech product when making a booking; and consumers are 1.6x more likely to repurchase if they add fintech to their booking vs if they booked just travel.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions), which represents more than 50% of the business.
Through HTS, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory on their direct channels. As its first HTS partnership, the company partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other HTS partners include Air Canada, Uber, CommBank, Nubank, Flair Airlines with many more in the pipeline.
Featured in Apple’s Best of the App Store list of Essential Travel Apps in 2023 and recognized by the likes of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Hopper has been downloaded over 120 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America and 70% of our app customers are Gen-Z and millennials travelers.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!