IT Operations Specialist
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
The IT Operations Specialist is vital in ensuring that Hopper’s customer service tools are optimized from a process, maintenance, and operational perspective to guarantee that the needs of Hopper’s service delivery teams and our fast-paced business context are met. We’re looking for a technically-savvy and detail-oriented individual to join our CS Systems team under the CS Enablement group. Their mission will be to own and manage all aspects associated with the maintenance and continuous improvement of the customer service technology stack comprising over 50 different platforms and partner portals.
They will build strong partnerships with different teams across the organization in order to contextualize the product, technical, and service delivery groups in their mission to provide excellent service to Hopper users across all verticals. This individual will be responsible for providing the visibility and support required to better inform business decisions - a set of responsibilities which includes but is not limited to agent onboarding/offboarding processes, general systems troubleshooting, as well as defining and maintaining the parameters for Systems OSPs that aim to ensure business continuity for the contact center as a vital function of the business.
- Manage Level 2 support which involves third-party coordination and communication
- Manage trivial cases or out-of-playbook situations
- Manage and consistently update Systems Team playbook/standard SOP documentation
- Own device and password management across the CS technology stack
- Manage installations, upgrades, and configurations of CS platforms both by troubleshooting and by assisting in the development of departmental policies and best practices
- Monitor, review, and consistently optimize processes and platform settings, which includes both CRM integrations and in-house automation
- Assist in the maintenance of documentation related to tool settings, troubleshooting steps, and escalation points for all platforms in order to institutionalize operational knowledge
- Consistently meet pre-established servicing metrics such as SLA, FTR, and AHT for requests submitted to the CS Ops Service Desk, by proactively and timely responding to submitted tickets
- Act as a point of contact for bugs and escalation across the CS technology stack. This includes investigation, efficient reporting, and constant communication with CS stakeholders to provide visibility on causes, impact, solutions, and estimated resolution times
- Optimize agent workflows based on new Hopper products/initiatives and available tools
- QA new automation thoroughly and proactively in order to prevent mistakes and avoid problems during and after feature/systems rollout
- Keep informed on internal and external changes that impact users and agents on a regular basis, to ensure that automation is optimal and up-to-date
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in IT service delivery
- Ability to support a mixed environment of Mac and PC
- Must be proficient in Google Suite, Hardware / Software installation and troubleshooting, iOS and Android, Laptop Imaging, and general networking
- Working knowledge of networking protocols such as VPN, VOIP, DNS, and TCP / IP preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and interest to dive deep, along with the ability to define and implement new automation and processes across platforms and teams
- The ability to independently and quickly resolve issues, frequently crossing multiple system boundaries
- A clear focus on the customer’s needs and providing solutions to their problems, understanding when a simple solution is preferred, and when a more complex approach is appropriate
- Strong familiarity with root cause analysis processes, accompanied by excellent problem-solving skills to suggest and/or deploy solutions
- A drive to collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to improve existing processes by identifying technology/process gaps and ensuring appropriate documentation and maintenance for all tasks within their area of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills and a people-centric approach to their work
- Exceptional organizational skills to structure documentation in a way that makes resources accessible to a broad audience regardless of background or area of expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Have previous remote work experiences and appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a backup location
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced.
Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper's business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!