Advertising Campaign Manager (Remote)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
About The team
The Hopper Merch Ads team sells ad placements on the Hopper app and affiliate sites. We work directly with clients who are mainly travel companies such as Destination Management Organizations (DMOs), Airlines, Airports, Hotels, and their marketing agencies. We offer the clients a growing, innovative set of products through which the clients can promote their brand and win sales on Hopper sites.
About the role
The Advertising Campaign Manager owns marketing campaign performance and operations for a portfolio of Hopper advertising clients that include both travel suppliers and media agencies. After the Business Development team signs an advertising client the Campaign Manager launches the campaign, optimizes campaign performance, and reports results both during and after the campaign completes. The Campaign Manager works directly with clients thus must have superior communication abilities and outstanding analytical skills. A successful candidate can create reports, understand the key findings from the data, communicate those findings in a clear way, and convince clients to accept recommendations per the findings.
- Manage marketing campaign activations, trafficking, and operations for a set of Hopper’s paid advertising clients
- Source assets and content from clients (or their agencies) to facilitate a high impact campaign launch
- Collaborate with Business Development, Product Management, Software Development, and Finance teams to resolve performance or technical problems that reduce campaign effectiveness
- Offer clients strategic campaign recommendations based on a deep understanding of the client’s business goals and marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with Business Development to construct and deliver campaign performance recaps
- Provide product insights and recommendations to Hopper management based on client feedback and your own analyses
- Support Finance’s monthly campaign billing process to ensure invoice accuracy and delivery.
- 4-year college degree
- 2+ years post college work experience in a digital marketing analytics role that includes handling, manipulating, and analyzing data and creating data visualizations
- Demonstrated expertise with a data visualization tool (Google Looker Studio preferred) and a product analytics tool (Amplitude preferred)
- Familiar with agile product development lifecycle management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Process driven and detail oriented
- Ability and desire to own work outcomes as an ambitious self-starter
- Excellent follow-through and comfort working with jr to sr level colleagues and clients
- Experience in media publishing or travel/hospitality industries is a plus
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced.
Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper's business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!