Senior Product Designer, Growth - Social commerce (Remote)
Product, Design, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
About the job
Over the last few years, Hopper has evolved and grown from an app which helps consumers save money on flights to a full-service global travel agency. As such, our various customers and partners - consumers, travel suppliers, and advertisers - expect the highest quality product which meets their various objectives. The Growth team needs a Sr. Product Designer who is experienced, driven, data-driven, and endlessly curious to understand and deliver on the needs of these various constituents and create high-quality end-solutions which help meet customer and business objectives through seamless and cohesive UX.
This Sr. Product Designer will work across three product development teams within Growth working on very different problems for different customers. These three teams are:
Retention & Loyalty: How can we keep and add more value to our millions of travelers? Where can we make their travel booking experience better, and implement ways to make Hopper their always go-to booking platform?
App Experience: How can we improve several parts of the core user journey - onboarding, the trips hub, and more - to better meet customer and business objectives?
Ads: How can we design ad experiences which surface relevant content for users while meeting advertiser objectives?
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation to prototyping to usability tests to final product
- Seek out, understand, incorporate and communicate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process leveraging surveys, user testing and user data to measure feature performance in app
- Work autonomously across several cross-functional product development groups with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to prioritize and build new features
- Communicate proactively and manage your time really well to meet the objectives of several different roadmaps for different customer and partner segments
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: use good judgment to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping cross platform (iOS and Android) consumer-focused products and working with product development teams
- Experience with Figma and prototyping tools
- Proven record of designing completely new experiences and end-to-end features
- Ability to own design process end-to-end, from concept to smoke tests to full implementations, including a basic analysis of success measurement with minimal guidance and ambiguity
- History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
- Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
- Portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
- Experience as a Lead Product Designer is a bonus
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and improving the team’s culture and design approach
- Experience working at scale with Design Systems
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!