Senior Software Engineer - Virtual Interlining
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Hopper offers a remote work policy that empowers employees to work from anywhere. Employees have the opportunity to work in an office environment or they can receive a work-from-home stipend if they prefer to work from home.
About the job
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Virtual Interlining team to design, scale and extend our Virtual Interlining product to multiple Hopper partners. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers.
We are looking for a skilled engineer who is excited to tackle problems around scaling and stability and wants to be able to make a direct impact on Hopper's core business. You will work to help define and deliver the Virtual Interlining product to be a platform for partner growth at Hopper. You will work to create reusable architecture that will allow us to extend this product to multiple types of customers delivering our competitive flight solutions more broadly across the market.
Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement, delivering value at speed and operational excellence. You will be joining a team that focuses on getting our customers the best possible deals in travel as well as solving difficult scaling problems to bring it to at least 10x our current scale.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience designing, building and operating large scale information systems with high performance, reliability and throughput
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to try new things to help Hopper meet its business goals.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with systems at a meta-search level scale
- Backend microservices development experience with Scala, Golang, or Java
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in the air travel domain
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?