Senior Software Engineer, FullStack - Hotels Marketplace
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
About the job
We're looking for an amazing Senior Fullstack Engineer to join Hopper's new and quickly growing Hotels Marketplace team!
Join the Hotels team at Hopper and be a part of revolutionizing an industry that is in need of fresh thinking and innovation. You will have an opportunity to provide impact and have ownership, as we navigate the complexities of the market.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Hotel Marketplace business unit, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, and operating the complex backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience. This role will be working on both feature development and infrastructure so you’ll get to be involved in different aspects of our ecosystem.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Build and operate robust and performant infrastructure that supports millions of bookings per year
- Solve complex technical and software architecture problems
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Leverage and contribute to a rich microservice architecture system
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Thoughtfully assist with the evolution and automation of our operational processes
An ideal candidate has:
- Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experiences at scaleHas full stack background
- Some familiarity with Swift or Kotlin
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture and ability to autonomously develop Scala or Java microservices (Scala or Java knowledge is a plus but not strictly required, some experience with the JVM is strongly preferred)
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations
- Experience and strong ability to design APIsProfessional experience developing data-heavy platforms or APIs
- Experience working with gRPC/ProtobufFunctional programming experience strongly preferred (Java, Scala, etc…)
- Solid understanding of Cloud Platforms (AWS or GCP knowledge is a plus)
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
Perks of working with us:
- The yearly total compensation for this position ranges from 250 000$ to 350 000$. Compensation will be determined by candidates' relevant qualifications, knowledge, skills and work experience. Total compensation will include a solid base salary and will also include equity (options / RSUs), sign-on bonus and other potential incentives.
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?