Hotels Market Manager - Ecuador
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
The LatAm Expansion team needs a Market Manager based in Quito or Guayaquil to oversee direct hotel contracting efforts for Ecuador.
About the role
We’re looking for a Quito or Guayaquil based Market Manager to join our small but growing Hotels team. In this role you will find, develop, and maintain a portfolio of hotel rooms that Hopper offers for rent through the Hopper app. You will ensure that your hotels are attractive to Hopper customers and have accurate rates and room availability.
To succeed at Hopper you must have passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer a start up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should be stimulated by customer engagement and enjoy both selling to new hotels and managing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as Hopper grows.
What would day-to-day look like:
- Build and progressively expand a portfolio of local hotel partners by negotiating and securing win-win distribution partnerships, facilitating hotel onboarding, and owning Hopper’s day to day relationship with your hotels
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership
- Engage with both individual hotels and hotel groups in and around Central and South America in order to achieve your targets
- Ensure that partner hotels’ product (content, rates and availability) is consistently optimized and competitive on the Hopper app to maximize customer conversion
- Maximize sales for your hotel partners by providing relevant data insights and superior support services and collaborating closely with Hopper’s product, support, and growth teams
- Represent Hopper in the local market, build Hopper’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio
- Secure additional rates and rooms as and when Hopper chooses to offer additional product to Hopper customers
- Secure seasonal deals, evergreen and dynamic promotions within the guidelines set by Management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts.
An ideal candidate has:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the Hospitality industry with a passion for Travel, and Hopper’s mission. Desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world
- Experience in a similar role (Market Manager in charge of lodging supply for an OTA, Wholesaler and/or Tour Operator) is a big plus.
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding job performance goals
- Experience closing deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints and an understanding of varied sales methodologies
- Experience using a CRM tool such as salesforce.com
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
- A solid educational background. A degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required. A graduate degree is also a plus.
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and actively listens when spoken/presented to
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTOWeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?