Hotels Market Manager - Sydney (Remote)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
About the Role
Hopper is the #1 most downloaded travel app in the United States, selling air, hotel, car rentals, and homes, in addition to our proprietary fintech products.
- We’re a customer obsessed travel tech company that’s changing our category,
- We sell approximately $4bn/year of travel,
- We're in hypergrowth, having achieved between 2-4x annual revenue growth every year since 2019.
Hopper is expanding in APAC. While Hopper was founded in Montreal, this will be Hopper’s first team exclusively focused on APAC Expansion.
We’re looking for a Senior Market Manager to contribute as a market manager and lead our field-based team in [Thailand]. We’re expanding fast and our customers demand the best in class. This leader will sign and maintain partnership agreements with hotels, eventually also managing a team of top-tier market managers to do the same. The role requires outstanding sales, management, and analytical skills.
To succeed at Hopper you must have a passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer a start-up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should be stimulated by customer engagement and enjoy both selling to new hotels and managing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as Hopper grows.
In this role you will
- Own a set of revenue goals related to Hopper’s direct hotel supply partners
- Help develop and deploy Hopper’s direct hotel supply strategy, establishing and prioritizing sales targets
- Build and progressively expand a portfolio of local hotel partners by negotiating and securing win-win distribution partnerships, facilitating hotel onboarding, and owning Hopper’s day to day relationship with your hotels
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership
- Engage with both individual hotels and hotel groups in Australia to achieve your targets
- Ensure that partner hotels’ product (content, rates, and availability) is optimized and competitive on the Hopper app to maximize customer conversion
- Maximize sales for your hotel partners by providing relevant data insights and superior support services and collaborating closely with Hopper’s product, support, and growth teams
- Represent Hopper in the local market, build Hopper’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.), and provide expertise to the local industry
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio
A perfect candidate has
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the Hospitality industry with a passion for Travel, and Hopper’s mission. Desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding job performance goals
- Experience closing deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints and an understanding of varied sales methodologies
- Experience using a CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast-changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to select and present insightful datasets including performance, market and competitor analysis, and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and actively listens when spoken/presented to
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- Full health, medical, coverage
- WeWork All Access Pass
- Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?